• Review and verify invoices and check requests, sort, code and match invoices, set invoices up for payment, enter and upload invoices into system, track expenses and process expense reports, prepare and process electronic transfers and payments, prepare and perform check runs, post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records, reconcile accounts payable transactions, prepare analysis of accounts, monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date, research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues, maintain vendor files, correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries, produce monthly reports, assist with month end closing, provide supporting documentation for audits
• Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
• Preparing the monthly salary payments
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
• Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
• Protects organization s value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.