ROLE PURPOSE: To perform a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the company’s financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
• Complete assigned daily ledger entries and other financial transactions in accordance with accounting principles.
• Process accounts payable, accounts receivable, debt, transfer of funds, and transactions in a timely manner.
• Respond to accounting inquiries from employees, vendors, and clients by providing complete and timely information Invoicing
• Produce accurate and timely invoices to bill clients,
• Review invoices to validate accuracy, completeness and make corrections as appropriate
• Track and analyse monthly receivables and outstanding days.
• Prepares basic accounting statements and reports for management.
• Performs detailed account reconciliation and analysis of accounting transactions.
• Identifies and researches discrepancies in financial reports and prepares correcting journal entries.
• Prepares journal entries and performs month-end general ledger close activities.
• Supports audits by researching accounting transactions.
Enable Financial Stability through Proper Accounting Practices – Proficient
• Recommend solutions and improvements for accounting errors / inconsistencies,
• Perform client billing by producing accurate and timely invoices to bill clients,
• Prepare accurate and timely balance sheet and profit & loss reconciliations Ensure Compliance and Government Standards – Proficient
• Review accounting information within general ledger to validate transactions.
• Prepare reports and reconciliations in support of billings to clients.
• Conduct reviews of transactions with clients, including costs charged to contracts and revenue calculations
Prepare Financial Reports and Statements – Proficient
• Compile accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
• Prepare ad-hoc financial reports
• Perform and close activities for the period as per company calendar and accounting policies. Provide effective Client/Customer communication and service – Proficient
• Respond to accounting inquiries from colleagues, employees, vendors, and clients by providing complete and timely information,
• Research accounting transaction information and assist in resolving accounting issues. Support Achievement of Cash Flow Expectations – Proficient
• Identify, research amounts due from clients, employees and vendors on or before the due date.
• Pro-actively communicate status of over-due receivables to management.
Information Security – Proficient
• Understand and practice information security fundamentals covering confidentiality, integrity and availability of information in the organization
• FINANCIAL: Support Achievement of Cash Flow Expectations
• NON-FINANCIAL: Practices, systems, tools and procedures to enable financial stability though proper accounting. Efficient External Audits Report. Improve Financial Performance