The Accountant is responsible for the preparation of financial accounts of the business area, ensuring the quality, accuracy, and integrity of the management and statutory reports are maintained. He/she will also be responsible to process and submit the required reports of Accounts Receivable in a timely manner, managing customer follow-up for collections, and checking the invoicing and cash collections for Accounts Receivables.
Key Position Accountabilities
The Accountant is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
• Support the Finance Director and Finance & Accounting Manager with the compilation of the management and statutory accounts including balance sheet reconciliations, and profit & loss accounts.
• Responsible for the entire customer invoicing and supplier payment process, ensuring all invoices/payments are checked for discrepancies, customer payment collection are followed up, and supplier prepayment accounts are cleared off.
• Support the monthly reconciliation of all AR-related accounts (such as unapplied cash, customer statements, un-claimed credits, clearing, accrual, bad debt, withholding and sales tax / VAT ) including reconciliations of the AR and related sub-ledger to General Ledger.
• Support the month-end reporting including but not limited to cash flow, variance analysis, and forecast projections as well as intercompany invoicing and reconciliations.
• Maintain the internal control procedures related to financial information systems, including Accounts Receivables, and suggest efficiency improvements where required.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
• Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers as required by the Finance Manager.
• Prepare special reports and conduct financial analysis as required by the Finance Director and Finance & Accounting Manager.
• Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE), Ethics & Compliance and Food Safety (if applicable) policies
• Perform any other duties as requested by the Finance Director and Finance & Accounting Manager.