Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Accountant (Project Controls)
The Accountant will be based at Union III, PAE site in Iraq and serve the Operations and Maintenance Support Services (OMSS) contract in support of the U.S. Department of State. This position will review
renovation projects budgets and prepare financial reports. The Accountant is responsible for accounting integrity and accuracy of these records and reports. This position will report to the Project Control Supervisor. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
• Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation.
• Compile financial information at the renovation project level for submission to management.
• Monitor and audit ongoing renovation projects to ensure appropriate capture of labor hours and materials costs for acquisition and cross-servicing agreement (ACSA) reporting purposes.
• Ensure the timely and accurate completion of cost documentation reporting for ACSA reporting purposes.
• Monitor ongoing procurement activities to ensure appropriate coding of materials and subcontract procurements for all site activities.
• Monitor and report on site materials and renovation cost reimbursable budget.
• Updating management according to client requirements and reporting associated budget amendments.
• Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
• Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
• Backfill other areas of the Finance office as needed.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Minimum Acceptable Experience Level:
• Five (3) years experience in the finance/accounting field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft (MS) Office applications specifically MS Excel and MS Word.
• Knowledge of principles and processes involved in operating and supporting accounting/financial functions at a large-scale overseas facility
• Experience providing excellent customer services.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
• Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
• Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
• Is able to work independently and as a team member
• Always acts with ethics, integrity, and confidentiality.
• Education: Successful completion of a four-year curriculum from an accredited college or university, leading to a bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or three to four (3-4) years relevant experience.
• Licenses and Certifications: Valid drivers license from Home of Record.
• Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to obtain a favorable MRPT certification or US Government clearance prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract.
• Language Skills: Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures.
• Citizenship: Must be eligible for US Government Clearance.
• Medical: Successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
• Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
• Experience working with PAE.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS:
This position may be located in a war zone, in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50- 55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment, as well as willing and able to deploy to Iraq for extended periods. Work schedules are a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, while some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time and being capable of running and duck & cover during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug-free workplace.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement