*REPORTS TO: Group Head of
The Manager Accounting and Reporting is responsible for all areas
relating to financial reporting and for developing, maintaining accounting
principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely preparation
of financial statements.
Internally: Finance oversight at Schools, Finance Team Members, Principals,
Admission and Facility Management
Externally: Banks, Parents, and Facility hirer, Vendors, External
Auditors and ADNOC Head Office
• Reviews and approves accounts payable vouchers, payment vouchers, manual
journal entries and payroll-related transactions.
• Coordinate month-end closing tasks, review reports and schedules which
are basis for accounting entries prior to posting.
• Reviews the monthly financial reports in accordance with Group Reporting
• Reviews various reports and GL schedules to monitor accuracy and
completeness of the financial information generated from the transactions.
• Assists in budgeting and forecasting activities.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting
and general ledger structure.
• Collaborates with other departments to support overall department goals
• Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient
procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Responds to inquiries from the Director Finance regarding financial
results and special reporting requests.
• Works with reports to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
• Development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance
the workflow of the department.
• Coordinates with the external auditors in the conduct of the yearly
• Handles personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism,
performance issues, etc.
• Accurately and timely reviews and approves accounts payable vouchers,
payment vouchers, manual journal entries and payroll-related transactions.
• Achieves timely completion of month-end closing tasks.
• Financial reports are in accordance with Group Reporting Standards and
submitted within the agreed deadlines.
• Accomplishes accuracy and completeness of the financial information
generated from the transactions by reviewing reports and GL schedules.
• Actively supports Director Finance in budgeting and forecasting
• Proficient in understanding the financial reporting and general ledger
• Successfully achieves the overall department goals and objectives.
• Efficient and effective utilization of organization s resources and
attaining maximum productivity while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Non-routine reporting transactions are submitted in timely manner.
• Proficient to respond inquiries of the Director Finance regarding the
financial results and special reporting requests.
• Succeeds in a timely year end audit.
• Value addition in the development and implementation of new procedures
and features and enhanced the workflow of the department.
issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc. are
• Comply with company grooming standards.
• Comply with time and attendance policies.
• Actively participates in training and development programs and maximize
opportunities for self-development.
Service towards colleagues:
• Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with company s standards
• Be able to promote the company s values and services.
a high level of product and knowledge about the company
• Gain understanding of the departmental goals and financial targets and
support your line manager to achieve these targets.
• Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures where
• Comply with the company s corporate code of conduct at all times.
• Familiarize yourself with the company vision, values and model desired
• Perform tasks as directed by the Director of Finance in pursuit of the
achievement of business goals.