Organization Name Research Laboratories
The Additive Manufacturing Core Lab Senior Specialist is responsible to manage and take care of the new additive manufacturing facility that includes the EOS400-4 and a range of activities and responsibilities related to additive manufacturing R&D project development and technical business development. The Senior Specialist, Additive Manufacturing Core Lab will coordinate safety and maintenance programs to ensure compliance with all relevant policies, codes and best practices.
• Contribute to the development of the Lab's strategy, as well as annual business plans.
• Contribute to the development of the Lab's policies and procedures, in line with the overall business objectives of the University, ensuring they promote leading practices and excellence.
• Contribute to the development and management of the Lab s budgets and report back on a timely basis to ensure that divergences are addressed promptly.
• Drive practices and metrics, which ensure that the laboratories operate in compliance with all aspects of Khalifa University Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
• Laboratory Operations
• Coordinate operational policies and procedures; work with research staff on issues that impact laboratory services.
• Coordinate and supervise the performance of routine and specialized technical procedures in assigned laboratories.
• Assist with laboratory goals and operational procedures for quality, efficiency, and waste reduction.
• Participate in planning and executing budgets, aligning with financial targets and managing projects related to additive manufacuturing.
• Ensure lab equipment is operational to the maximum extent possible and improve operations through efficient use of existing equipment.
• Monitor functionality of new equipment to ensure compliance.
• Improve lab operations through efficient use of existing equipment.
• Coordinate the installation of new equipment and maintaining the inventory of all lab equipment.
• Oversee day-to-day operation of Lab equipment, EOS M400-4, Bandsaw, Shot Peening and Heat Treatment.
• Establish and interact with the wider supply chain to ensure builds are appropriately post-processed to meet requirements.
• Work with machine stakeholders to help optimize topology and 'buildability' of components for additive manufacturing.
• Build networks within the additive manufacuturing space including developing projects and sharing responsibility for specific revenue goals related to additive manufacuturing.
• Work on designing supporting structures and manufacturing components
• Provide technical management and hands-on contributions in the core technology areas of additive manufacuturing.
• Provide accurate estimates for cost, quantity and build time for potential production components
• Own and implement machine maintenance schedules and up-keep of the lab.
• Create detailed manufacturing documents associated with the operation of the additive manufacturing machines.
• Trouble shoot and problem solve issues associated with manufacturing difficulties.
• Perform analytical, mechanical and metrological measurements on printed components.
• Uphold good communication with machine manufacturer to ensure overall equipment efficiency is maintained.
• Resource management
• Assist in the determination of fiscal requirements and in the preparation of budgetary recommendations, including recommending capital equipment expenditures, ensuring appropriate resource levels, and complying with organizational expenditure requirements.
• Supervise and manage the inventory of commonly used lab supplies, maintenance parts and any other items related to research lab operations.
• Evaluate technical requirements based on bids received from potential vendors for purchase of lab equipment.
• Ensure information on the lab website is kept up to date, including all training schedules, equipment schedules and equipment descriptions.
• Guide the faculty and researchers on the purchase of consumables and accessories for equipment.
• Research Services
• Contribute to the continued innovation and development of the lab research program.
• Maintain liaison with investigators, research personnel and staff to solve specific operating problems and improve technical activities.
• Manage the input of all stakeholders to create an efficient build schedule that satisfies all requirements.
• Work with other team members to successfully meet the requirements of stakeholders efficiently and effectively.
• Adhere to the University's information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
• Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities related to the operations of the Research Labs department.
• Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager.
• Provide coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure the achievement of established objectives and plans.
• Recommend appropriate training courses as per the pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness, and monitor their results.
• Carry out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommend necessary actions as per the applied practices.
• Conduct periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
• Follow-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
A Masters Degree in an Engineering related field.
• A minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
How To Apply
Applicants should submit an online application at http://www.ku.ac.ae/pages/careers . All applicants should submit an online application via the portal. A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team ( RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae )