• Carries out administrative duties including but not limited to, answering queries, attendance management, diary management, answering telephone calls, takes down and passes messages as directed
• Takes dictation and transcribes material from shorthand.
• Types, proofreads and distributes a variety of material such as letters, cables, reports and tabulations. Includes entering, amending and retrieving information, and performing security copying and archiving of documents.
• Files correspondence and other records related to the activities of the Division. Maintains and updates files. Establishes and improves own filing system. Requisitions, maintains and distributes office stationery and supplies.
• Translates documents/correspondences from English to Arabic or vice versa
• Compiles or coordinates the compilation of data, and prepares in the form of reports, analysis, tabulations, etc. Distributes data as instructed. Drafts letters/memos and routine correspondence for supervisor’s signature. Screens outgoing correspondence before approval.
• Arranges for meetings as instructed. Includes arranging conferences, visual aids and refreshments. May attend meetings to take minutes.
• Receives sorts and distributes all incoming mail. Makes copies as needed and presents to supervisor. Prepares outgoing mail for dispatch. Maintains a proper register for incoming/outgoing mail. Ensures direct delivery of confidential material/mail.
• Performs other similar or related duties as assigned, such as liaising with relevant internal and external parties; circulating correspondence and periodicals as instructed; etc.
• Maintain the resources for stores and update the inventory to make a sure availability of resources for the school. Make orders for the resources when needed.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of Secondary School certificate
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative role in the region
• Previous experience in the education sector is desirable
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Fluent English communication skills, written and verbal
• Arabic speaker is preferable
• Strong interpersonal skills to aid in daily contact with parents in a diverse multi-cultural environment
• Excellent office management skills