The Administrative Assistant plays a key role in welcoming visitors to the Dubai Regional Hub, directing student enquiries and calls to the relevant area of expertise, assisting the Director of the Dubai Regional Hub in finance and administrative tasks.
They will provide logistical event support to the recruitment team in this region, assistance to teaching staff in Dubai and organise appropriate events/teaching materials.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Greet visitors, answer queries/questions at reception desk, answer and transfer phone calls to the switchboard in a professional and polite manner.
2. Provide preliminary guidance and advice to prospective students on the range of courses offered at the Educational Entity and the admissions procedure. This will include occasional work outside of normal office hours.
3. WorkcloselywithstaffintheDubaiRegionalHubregardinginternationalstudent support.
4. Communicate verbally and in writing with UK based staff to support students applications, enrolment and study at the Educational Entity.
5. Provide clerical support in organising practical aspects of recruitment events. Maintain records of the material used at recruitment events and record assets.
6. To carry out routine filing, photocopying and typing.
7. To manage and maintain an electronic filing system of all business contacts.
9. Responsible for administrative correspondence with suppliers, monitoring the
performance of couriers and payment of associated invoices.
10. Provide administration for logistics related expenses reports on a monthly basis including, but not limit to, courier expenses, airfare expenses, hotel expenses and
stationery purchase expenses.
11.To provide logistical event support for the team, to organise and deliver
University-led recruitment events in-country,
12.To provide logistical assistance to teaching staff working in Dubai, including
welcoming teaching staff, setting up the teaching rooms, organising refreshments, providing Audio-Visual support and dealing with queries from students attending classes in Dubai. This will involve weekend working (Friday and Saturday) approximately one week in every five.
13. Provide support for Entity's staff who may work in the Dubai Regional Hub from time to time.
14. Any other such duties associated with the office in Dubai, appropriate to the role and grade of the post as requested by the Director of the Dubai Regional Hub and the Operations Manager.
Relevant High-School Education in English and Maths equivalent to GCSE level (or equivalent experience)
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
Previous experience within a customer services focused environment
Experience of working in a busy office environment
Excellent IT skills
Excellent communication skills and a high level of
attention to detail
Excellent organisational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
Ability to deliver a high standard of customer service
The post holder will display commitment, enthusiasm and professionalism to meet the expectations of people at all levels within the Educational Entity and the regions covered by the Dubai Regional Hub.
Proficiency in spoken and written Arabic and English languages
High level of enthusiasm, personal commitment and flexibility
Enthusiasm for higher education
Commitment to high quality customer service
Confidentiality, discretion and sensitivity
Self- motivated and willing to take on new
Understanding of the University s commitment to
Equality and Diversity
SALARY AND BENEFITS
AED 10,000 per month (all inclusive)
1. What are your current responsibilities at your current role?
2. Which tools do you use on a regular basis?
3. What kind of challenges do you face in the work you currently do?
4. How do you keep yourself updated with the current trends at your job?
5. Why do you think you are suitable for this role?
6. Why are you looking for another opportunity?
Please watch this 4 minutes video which will help you to prepare for your interview: