Role Description Administrator
Department: Dispute Resolution Group
Location : Dubai
Reporting to the Secretarial Team Leader you will work seamlessly and collaboratively with partners, managers associates and secretaries within the Dispute Resolution Group (DRG) to assist with the day-to-day business support and overall smooth running of the department. DRG is a very busy department and you will be confident managing workloads according to deadlines. You will also need to exercise a degree of flexibility to assist with client events and on occasions you may be asked to support other departments within the firm when business needs arise.
• scanning, photocopying and printing documents;
• collating document folders, indexing and labelling;
• updating client/contact database on InterAction;
• adding activity reports to InterAction in relation the case handlers business development activities;
• submitting expenses each month;
• matter file opening and changes using Intapp;
• generating temporary matter numbers and linking to matter number once received;
• submitting external vendor invoices for authorisation (using internal forms) and liaising with Finance to request payments;
• submitting expenses each month;
• amending narrative on billing guides;
• sending invoices to clients via email and arranging delivery of the hard copies (where necessary);
• assisting Business Development department with Dispute Resolution Group specific client events; and
• assisting secretaries with document amendments on ad-hoc basis.
The ideal candidate will:
• be educated to at least diploma level; degree desirable;
• a minimum of 2 years previous administration experience preferably in a legal or professional services environment;
• be able to work independently with minimum supervision;
• be organised, able to work on their own initiative and think on their feet;
• have excellent attention to detail;
• have good communication and interpersonal skills;
• be computer literate with good skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• be able to understand instructions and ask questions when necessary; and
• have excellent communication skills, verbal and written (must be fluent in English).
Clyde & Co overview
Clyde & Co is a leading, sector-focused global law firm with 440 partners, 1800 lawyers, 2500 legal professionals, and 4000 staff in over 50 offices and associated offices worldwide.
The firm specialises in the sectors that move, build and power our connected world and the insurance that underpins it, namely: transport, infrastructure, energy, trade & commodities and insurance. With a strong focus on developed and emerging markets, the firm has achieved compound average annual revenue growth of 15% over the last ten years, making it one of the fastest growing law firms in the world with ambitious plans for further growth.
Clyde & Co in the Middle East
Since opening our first office in Dubai in 1989, Clyde & Co has today the largest presence and is one of the most experienced international law firms in the Middle East with over 50 partners and 400 staff, operating in Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the UAE, Doha in Qatar, Muscat* in Oman and Riyadh in Saudi Arabia.
We have accumulated nearly 30 years of deep market knowledge and experience in the sectors in which our clients operate, providing a full-service commercial offering with local specialists in commercial, corporate, dispute resolution, employment, intellectual property, international arbitration, finance & banking, insurance, projects & construction, real estate, regulatory & investigations, and technology.
International and domestic clients engage us across the full spectrum of their corporate and commercial needs, including company structuring and governance, policy setting and licensing arrangements, employment and Emiratisation issues, funding, procurement, intellectual property (IP), technology and general commercial contracts. Working with industry leaders in the region endorses our reputation for providing expert practical guidance on how to get things done in what can be a challenging market to navigate.