Job Description / Responsibilities:
1) Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and record-keeping.
2) Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
3) Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments.
4) Analyses market conditions to determine acreage allocations.
5) Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares financial and operational reports.
6) Determines procedural changes in drying, grading, storage, and shipment for greater efficiency and accuracy.
7) Contracts with farmers or independent owners for raising of crops or for management of crop production.
8) Analyses soil to determine type and quantity of fertiliser required for maximum production.
9) Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning.
10) Inspects orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
11) Plans and directs development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
Location of posting :- 27km from Kampala City, Uganda