Air Traffic Control (Tower)
Air Traffic Control (TOWER) Specialist shall issue clearance and control instructions to aircraft within their jurisdiction and/or airspace assigned. Additionally, separate and sequence properly to two runways in support of Coalition and host military units twenty-four hours a day. Additionally, issue instructions for the orderly flow of movement of traffic (vehicles, aircraft) on the controlled movement area portion of the airfield. Controllers will coordinate with RAPCON and outside adjacent facilities such as Baghdad Tower/Approach along with host nation Military operation centers . Actively support and uphold the Company's stated vision, mission, and values.
• Required to have seven or more years' certified experience
• Ratings must be relevant, prefer no breaks in TOWER more than five years
• Individual must have A Control Tower Operator Certificate (CTO)
• Current Class II FAA Medical Certificate/FAA Form 8500-9. Must be valid for six or more months upon hire date
• ATCS certificate/ratings (ATC RADAR Rating). FAA Form 7220-1 is preferred but not mandatory.
• Must be computer literate and be able to use all Microsoft office products (Word, Excel,)
• Must possess a valid US Driver's License.
• Prefer prior supervisory experience in an ATC setting.
• Always required to Maintain an FAA Class II medical, company provides additional time to ensure completion.
• Knowledge of ATC Rules, regulations, techniques in a Tower environment; FAA/ICAO/Military background are essential.
• Successful completion of a FAA, DoD, or ICAO air traffic control course
• Position is subject to drug testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, periodic, probably cause, post-accident)
• Prefer individuals that have liaison experience but not mandatory.
• Prefer individuals familiar with using ATC automation equipment.
• Preferred experience working with USAF and other Military aircraft where Air Carrier and General Aviation aircraft were also part of the operation. Additionally, experience with Helicopters and in a mixed-use environment is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
• Strong initiative
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Who We Are
About Caliburn Internat ional, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The co mpany's website is www. caliburnintl.com .
This job d escription is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.