• A minimum of 10 years of experience in aircraft structural design engineering.
• Active Secret Clearance required
• Excellent knowledge of standard aircraft component, materials, composites, metals, fabrication practices, aviation hardware, integration and proper applications in design with a thorough understanding of the use and application of aircraft technical data.
• Possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, 3D computer modelling and other analytical substantiation techniques. Experience utilizing CAD software and /or 3D modelling software with obvious and demostratable proficiency.
• Experience in senior engineering management with a thorough knowledge of engineering authority processes.
• A working knowledge of international regulation and policy for military and civil aviation as well as International Trade .in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
• Practical knowledge of workshop practices and procedures.
• A basic understanding of aircraft systems, their function and operation.
• A broad appreciation of military aircraft design with specific experience in the design and development of aircraft structural engineering projects. The aircraft structural applications will be the focus of knowledge for fatigue index analysis, structural integrity inspections modifications and updates, and engineering analysis of aircraft platforms.
• Able to develop and integrate concepts that involve requirements, design, prototyping, production, testing, training and logistics support in all phases of the weapon system life cycle, including all aspects of technical program that involve trade-off of performance, life-cycle cost, risk, producibility, supportability, testability and other engineering requirements. Possess knowledge of engineering principles used in stress analysis, 3D computer modelling and other analytical substantiation techniques.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language. Strong leadership qualities with proven interpersonal and team working skills.
• Computer literate and an experienced user of AutoCAD and the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project).
• Knowledge of aviation quality systems airworthiness airframe engineering aircraft control systems aircraft avionic systems design engineering manufacturing project/program management, systems engineering, test engineering and aircraft systems integration.
• A good all round awareness of RSAF processes and procedures.
• A good all round awareness of RSAF programs, Suppliers, OEM, Government to Government Standard Agencies, International Standards Agencies and Academic/Research establishments.
• User of Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs such as CATIA, SolidWorks, etc.
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework: No Clearance Level Required: Secret Travel: Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category: Professional Job Family: Structural Engineering2000Defense