ADB Safegate is hiring : AIRFIELD VISUAL AIDS DESIGNER - Abu Dhabi
The Designer s main area of competence lies in defining the design of visual aids for airports based on international aeronautical standards, specifications, processes and customer specifications and drawings.
On basis of design criteria and on knowledge of ADB Safegate products and systems, the Designer performs the design which results in the submission of compliancy documents, design reports, layout and installation detail drawings, bills of quantities, equipment descriptions including all mounting and installation accessories required. These tasks include preparation of the detailed drawings of the AGL electrical installations and circuitry.
The designer activities take place during bid and during project realization phase.
The designer will prove to be competent, reliable and fully able to present, defend and discuss the design with customers and consultants.
The designer helps maintain a standard CAD library of symbols and ACAD procedures and standardizes as much as possible repeating details and tasks of the drawings.
In addition, the designer is responsible for maintaining the ADB Safegate Airfield Lighting design guidelines.
Tasks will mainly be (but not limted to):
• Master ACAD version 2016 or higher and use it in the most efficient way.
• Work in close co-operation as a team with the fellow designer and deliver preliminary design as well as detailed design information to the bid and project managers.
• Generate installation drawings based on BOQ from tender documents or material list provided by bid or sales manager.
• Realize general layout drawings and provide details of quantities of lights and primary and secondary cables.
• Realize detailed construction & installation drawings (initial design & as built) based on ADB Safegate products and systems.
• Based on data obtained from tender(s) or own design, generate the required Bill Of Quantity in line with the design criteria set by the customer(s).
• Generate design reports justifying and defending the design decisions taken.
• Undertake thorough reviews of AGL and VDGS designs completed by others.
• Review and validate drawings done by others or oneself prior to submission in tenders or for project execution.
• Deliver on request a basic set of the generated drawings, plotted and folded in A4 binders.
• Support the system engineers in preparing submittal documents (layout of control cabinets, block diagrams and overview drawings) for airfield lighting control systems.
• Generate schemes, exploded views or detailed drawings on request from marketing or sales, supporting the technical documentation of products and systems.
• Generate & maintain the airfield lighting design guidelines based on ADB Safegate s products and systems.
• Creative, dedicated and open-minded.
• Team worker able to work with enthusiastic people and to operate under time pressure.
• Good Communication Skills and Team Player within a multicultural environment.
• Result and quality oriented.
• Knowledge and understanding of AGL design processes.
Practical experience in the use of AutoCAD for Airfield designs.
• Experience working in team(s)
• Experience with drafting mechanical or electrical or construction drawings.
• Knowledge and understanding the ISO drafting standard.
• Knowledge of the aviation standards for visual aids as well as airport operational procedures of ICAO, FAA .
• Experience working with BIM modelling
• Knowledge of AIXM and/or SWIM is recommendable
• Practical experience and high knowledge in the use of computer aid design package (ACAD 2016 or higher)
• User knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook .)
• Knowledge with other CAD tools such as REVIT, SolidWorks, Civil AutoCAD and/or ePLAN is beneficial
• Good knowledge of English is mandatory
• International and intercultural experience