Analyst, Budget & Cost Control
ADNOC is one of the world's leading energy producers, and a primary catalyst for the growth and diversification of the United Arab Emirates.
Our diverse family of more than 50,000 employees is made up of over 100 different nationalities. People from different backgrounds, with unique perspectives and wide-ranging skillsets, who share a collective responsibility: to enable and accelerate progress, both here in the UAE and across the globe.
Here at ADNOC, we go beyond business as usual. We do things differently, challenge convention, and embrace new ways of thinking. This is what defines and differentiates us.
By working together every day, we re bringing energy to life.
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) was established on the 27th November 1971 to operate in all areas of the oil and gas industry in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). Since its establishment, ADNOC has steadily enhanced its competitive position through its sound business interest in 18 specialist subsidiary and joint venture companies in addition to educational institutions, known as the ADNOC Group of Companies.
Today, ADNOC manages and oversees oil production of more than 3.1 million barrels per day (bpd), ranking it amongst the top ten oil and gas producing companies in the world. In the last few years, significant achievements have been in the expansion and development of gas fields to meet the growing needs and development plans of Abu Dhabi, and in our bid to support the Abu Dhabi Economic Vision 2030, which seeks diversification of Abu Dhabi s energy supplies.
ADNOC are expanding their Special Projects Function that is part of The Executive Office, and they are looking to appoint a Sr. Project Manager who directly reports to the Department Manager of Special Projects
JOB PURPOSE :
Participate in the preparation and consolidation of Revenue, Operating, Manpower, Logistics Marketing, Supply and Trading Budget yearly and participate in the Five Year Business Plan. Prepare periodic financial reports and carry-out cost analysis using different accounting codes for supervisor's review. Monitor expenses to ensure that they are within budget limits and reports to supervisor accordingly. Prepare accruals and monthly payments; reconcile with General Ledger and forwards to Finance & Investment Directorate for cash flow preparation purposes. Carry and document Client Financial Performance Reports.
• Receive and calculate revenue budgets from the Planning teams, check to ensure their conformity to formats, criteria and policy guidelines. Receive the Operating plan from the various Units of Marketing, Supply and Trading s to calculate and add the estimated cost. Participate in the preparation, coordination and consolidation of Revenue, Operating, Manpower, Logistics Marketing, Supply and Trading 's Budget- both yearly and Five Year Plan s for both Directorate and Business Line.
• Update Budget records to include all expenditures related to Operating and Logistics Budgets for analysis and reporting for both Directorate and Business Line.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports, reconciliation/ variance analysis reports pertaining to sales and cost performance for review. Participate in the Five Year Business Plan.
• Monitor expenses to ensure that they are within the budget limits. Highlight variances from approved budgets and reports to supervisor accordingly.
• Follow up SAP and any other system approved by management ensuring documents are received by Marketing, Supply and Trading , processed, and sent to Finance & Investment Directorate.
• Prepare accruals and monthly payments; reconcile with the general ledger and forwards to Finance & Investment Directorate for cash flow preparation purposes. This includes checking trial balance, identifying expenses not charged for the month, investigating, etc.
• Monitor and input codes to the Marketing, Supply and Trading 's sales invoices and payments to ensure proper allocation to the ADNOC financial system. Ensure that payments are as per agreements.
• Perform other related duties as directed by the Supervisor.
• Carry & document Client Financial Performance Reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Bachelor s Degree in Commerce, Accounting, Finance or equivalent.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
• 6) Years of experience in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industry related to Marketing Budget, Contracts, Accounting and Financial Analysis.
• Very good computer knowledge of relevant accounting software.
• Excellent communication skills in the English and Arabic languages.