The Refinitiv Oil Research team is providing market insight, analysis and instantaneous transparency to our clients interested in the oil & refined products sector by continuously monitoring global energy flow, deals, infrastructure outages, paper market and other financial activities.
The oil analyst will be responsible to develop and maintain models of trade flow, oil production, supply and demand forecast, refining. The role is based in Dubai, UAE and will focus on the Middle East region.
The candidate will need to perform market research and analysis including data collection, data manipulation, data publication, quantitative analysis, and report writing. He will also be expected to develop excel spreadsheets and power point documents based on our research and datasets, and ultimately take the lead on building relationships with the various stakeholders in the MENA energy industry.
• Responsible for conducting primary and secondary research on crude oil & refined products market in a timely manner.
• Maintain daily interaction with a network of local and international energy market players in order to provide market insight to our customers.
• Complete research studies, prepare client deliverable, and execute workflow up to the required quality and within the designated time frame.
• Continuously maintain and improve core technical and analytical processes
• Supports the new business development process by demonstrating our capabilities & research live in front clients.
• 5+ years' experience in the oil physical markets.
• Ability to develop a network of physical trading contacts in Middle East.
• A Bachelors Degree holder in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Business or petroleum studies from a reputable university
• Demonstrated ability to conduct, analyze, and report primary research
• Strong grounding in statistics
• Advanced Proficiency in Excel and at least one programming or scripting language
• Advanced skills using Microsoft Applications: Word, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization and external clients.
• Time management skills for managing multiple tasks simultaneously, while completing work within allocated time frames.
• Team Player, with a flexible attitude and approach
• Good critical thinking, Problem-solving and analytical skills, questioning, and listening skills; excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrated quantitative abilities
As a global business, Refinitiv relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Dubai-Dubai-United Arab Emirates