Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
In 2 years Swvl started operating in 6 cities across 3 countries; Cairo & Alexandria in Egypt, Nairobi in Kenya, and Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad in Pakistan.
We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic Senior Android Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. You will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of Swvl s android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Influence and contribute to Android architecture across the engineering organisation.
• Drive best engineering practices within your team and Android chapter.
• Work hands-on in a squad.
• Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the Android chapter.
• Define, scope out and lead a long-term effort to solve large meaningful problems for Swvl android application.
• Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
• Mentor and teach fellow engineers, and deeply engage with the team on how they can increase their impact as citizens of Swvl engineering.
• Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
• Identify and solve major architectural problems by going deep in your field or broad across different teams.
• 5-8 years of experience developing, shipping and maintaining native Android apps
• Expert level knowledge in Android development, with a deep understanding of Android core frameworks
• Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader
• Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices.
• Understanding of software design patterns and Android design patterns
• 3+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST
• Experience working closely with product and design
• BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience