· Middleware /Application server Administrator, one will be supporting the IT Business in managing J2EE based solutions and Oracle forms and Reports based solutions comprised of both proprietary and open source components. The successful candidate will be responsible for application server management, including developing and maintaining J2EE-centric middleware and services e.g. troubleshooting, script automation, performance tuning J2EE engines and services in a primarily Unix of HP and IBM flavour and fusion middleware,
· Web-Logic and WebSphere environments will also be an SME for Projects and Initiatives in the Middleware space.
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Database administration of which at least 3 years of solid experience in Middleware /Application server Administration handling Enterprise level applications.
· Bachelor of engineering in computer science or equivalent.
· Prior work experience in a Healthcare/Clinical application environment is a distinct advantage. Hands on experience on basic Unix/Linux administration and Scripting Skills
· Knowledge of basic Windows Server administration as a standalone and on Hyper v settings.
· Knowledge of basic Web-logic administration
· Sound Knowledge of SQL and database concepts.
· Installation, configuration and tuning of fusion middleware, Web-Logic and WebSphere environments
· High-availability design, configuration, and maintenance, including clustering and load balancing for fusion middleware.
· Configuration of LDAP, SSO and other essential specifics for fusion middleware
· Perform tuning and Develops standards and tuning metrics and alert thresholds.
· Create standardized alerts for telephone/pager devices for exceptional performance thresholds.
· Expert Knowledge supporting J2EE Application Servers
· Understanding of Java programming language
· Demonstrated ability to respond to critical system failures
· Strong knowledge surrounding change management practices
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience with technical documentation