An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Art Director to join Izil’s team based in RAK’s Head office. The goal is to translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative and impressive campaigns that stimulate targeted audiences.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing creative direction for all campaigns and supporting his team on designing, producing all visual content across social media, website, e-commerce and retail marketing channels to deliver a market leading, relevant and engaging customer experience, maximizing conversion and driving sales.
Must have the ability to work as a team member from brainstorming concepts to final execution, maintaining our brand aesthetic throughout the process.
This role requires an organized and motivated candidate who works well under pressure.
• Drive creative thinking that effectively communicates trend concepts and brand identity across all print and digital mediums—we're talking social media, website, email, digital ads and more!
• Produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualize ideas
• The Ability to conceptualize a full marketing campaign visually and art direction- wise.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketers, Copywriters, and other managers throughout the organization to provide cohesive storytelling and support of overall creative strategies.
• Manage senior and junior designers and their work flow.
• Manage image selecting, editing, retouching mark ups, and at times art direction.
• Lead large-scale and complex digital and print projects.
• Ensure all platforms are visually consistent and follow brand guidelines.
Expertise concerting and designing responsive digital user experiences for all device sizes that align with industry best practices.
• Familiarity with UX design prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, In Vision, etc.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of fashion, beauty and design trends, strategies, platforms, tools, and best practices that are applicable to the world of creative content development for retail/fashion/e-commerce.
• Maintain accuracy and attention to detail throughout the creative and production process.
• Critically evaluate the creative process and work to improve the design process with the design team.
• Learn from internal marketing metrics, using those insights to guide future design decisions
Qualifications Required (degree, years of experience, technical and soft skills, certificates, languages, etc.)
• A graphic design professional with 10 years’ working experience preferable in marketing or e-commerce in a similar role in beauty and fashion.
• Minimum 4+ Years of experience in a design role (agency, studio, or in-house for e commerce/retail preferred).
• Portfolio (please attach link or copy to your application)
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written in English and Arabic
• Proven experience as a Digital Art Director or similar role
• Strong hand drawn illustration skills preferred.
• Experience with photography, video, and/or motion graphics is preferred.
• An Adobe Creative Cloud maestro who knows the ins and outs of Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Bridge.
• Organized with the ability to manage numerous projects, tight turnaround times, scheduling conflicts, revisions and technical challenges effectively.
• A strategic big-picture thinker who is also highly detail-oriented.
• Passionate about and invested in your work.
• Experienced in typography and color theory.
• Experienced in design, fashion, editorial, film, tech, and retail trends.
• Passion for fashion, design, storytelling and art.
• Development knowledge is a plus