The CACE seeks a qualified candidate to fill a full-time, multi-year, faculty position in the area of Animation Design and to teach in the baccalaureate programs in Animation and Multimedia with a full-time faculty appointment on the Abu Dhabi and Dubai campus starting Spring/Fall 2020. Candidates with an interdisciplinary practice/approach are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have earned a terminal degree in their discipline, preferably in the field of Animation, Interactive Design or Multimedia Design and demonstrate a strong record of professional activity and accomplishments in the field. The successful applicant should have a record of teaching and will be expected to teach both introductory and advanced level courses. Experience with graduate programs would be an asset.
The successful candidate should demonstrate versatility, forward thinking, and advanced working knowledge of the leading technology software appropriate to Animation Design Interactive Design and/or Multimedia Design. The ability to teach the following courses is expected: Animation and/or 3D modeling, interactive design, motion graphics, and basic design motion. The candidate s approach and experience in engaging students in new media tools and digital skills should be evident within their teaching portfolio statement of teaching philosophy, syllabi and samples of student work.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate:
• A proven record of excellence at baccalaureate-level teaching.
• Dedication to curricular innovation.
• Commitment to a sustained pace of scholarship and/or creative activities, and an interest in collaboration.
• A record of professional accomplishment appropriate to their rank.
• Substantial level of computer literacy and a good proficiency of usage of IT in education.
• Willingness to provide service to the University, the College and the Department
The University s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
Please visit our web site www.zu.ac.ae and click on Employment to be directed to the recruitment website.
In addition to completing the online application form, please uploaded one document containing:
• Cover letter
• Current Curricular Vitae
• Statement of undergraduate teaching philosophy
• Statement of Research (scholarly and creative interests)
• Sample syllabi
• Copies of the terminal degree and transcript
• The names and contact details of three professional references
Also, a portfolio (10-15 samples) of professional/research work and (10-15 samples) of student work should be provided as a PDF, or hyperlink or reliable website, and sent through dropbox or wetransfer to email@example.com and please reference the job title in the subject heading.
The review of applications will commence in March and will continue until the position is filled.