DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Country Director for Programs is primarily responsible for the following tasks and activities:
• Supervises programmatic and service departments in Cairo and in Alexandria, including:
• Education (English Language and Training)
• Educational Advising
• Customer Service
• In coordination with the CD, manages relationships with the US Embassy and US Consulate, USAID, Government of Egypt and key clients and other organizations.
• Assesses appropriate staffing levels for operations departments and makes recommendations to the CD regarding required staffing patterns and other consultant resources, as required.
• In departments overseen by incumbent directs the continued development of AMIDEAST human resources including setting strategy for hiring, staff development, promotion, salary and job classification structures, formal staff training and orientation. Creates a learning culture within AMIDEAST and acts as a mentor for on-the-job growth.
• Ensures that a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system is in place and is being implemented for all technical programs and services offered to clients.
• Analyzes the results gained from M&E of all programs to ensure that quality is maintained and decisions are made on the basis of data.
• Oversees the implementation of all contracts and grants management requirements to ensure proper implementation of technical requirements and budgets and of reporting requirements.
• Plays a cross-functional role in the development of new business opportunities and maintains positive relations with current and potential clients.
• Oversees the implementation of programs and services to ensure that required facility and resources are in place.
• Focuses on developing and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction regarding all programs and services that AMIDEAST/Egypt provides.
• Represents AMIDEAST through active membership in professional business and education associations, and at conferences, meetings, and workshops.
• Remains current on changes within the education and training industries through publications and continuing education.
• Projects a qualified appearance and cooperative attitude, and maintains high ethical standards of confidentiality in representing AMIDEAST to ensure professional representation at all times.
• Oversees the proposal writing process from beginning to end. Manages proposal process by building schedules, designing technical solutions and budgets, ensuring compliance to submission guidelines, tracking modifications, and internal managing reviews.
• A Master s Degree in Education, Educational Development, TEFL/Applied Linguistics, Business Administration, or a directly relevant field
• Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, adult learning theory and styles and instructional systems design
• A minimum of 7-10 years of management experience preferably in the Middle East/North Africa region
• A proven record of business development, project management, and budgeting skills
• Strong project design and curriculum development skills for training programs and services, as well as for institutional capacity building initiatives
• Demonstrated financial management skills
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• An in-depth knowledge of the US higher education system
• Work experience in the MENA region
• Strong organizational, supervisory, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to balance sensitive political and cultural issues and to develop a broad base of working relationships
• Native language proficiency in written and spoken English
• Proficiency with MS Office productivity tools, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Arabic and/or French language skills