This role is expected to:
• Contribute to the formulation of the CMHS s strategy, with a focus on meeting KU and CMHS strategic goals in the areas of recruitment and admission of a diverse class of medical students.
• Contribute to development of the CMHS s policies and procedures, adhering to the overall objectives of Khalifa University, ensuring alignment to applicable regulations and standards and promoting of leading practices and educational excellence.
• Contribute to the development and management of the office budget
• Manage and mentor staff within the office
Leadership for developing and maintaining CMHS educational programs:
• Provides leadership for the CMHS Office of Student Affairs
• Supports CMHS accreditation processes and its program of continuous quality improvement
• Works with the Dean, Associate Deans and faculty to plan, develop, implement, assess and improve courses, programs and services that support the College s missions
• Ensures that medical student programs and services conform to laws, regulations, and policies of the United Arab Emirates
Student Affairs and Admissions:
• Ensures the activities of the office are in alignment with accreditation guidelines
• In coordination with the Associate Dean for Student Affairs, manages recruitment and admissions processes to meet Khalifa University and CMHS strategic goals; provides routine reports to the Associate Dean and others as requested
• Develops and coordinates medical school recruitment activities; supports KU pre-medical programs and activities;establishes and supports pipeline programs to increase the number of qualified applicants to the CMHS
• Reviews applications to the MD program and ensures that applicants to the CMHS meet the minimum requirements necessary for admission to the CMHS
• Serves as Chair of the Admissions Committee for CMHS; provides recommendations to the Associate Dean regarding faculty appointments to the committee and member performance.
• Oversees training of admissions committee members; ensures the integrity of the admissions process by establishing policies and processes that minimize the risk for conflicts of interest
• Oversees on boarding process for accepted medical students; participates in freshman orientation
• Oversees preparation and transfer of medical student pre-medical grades and records to the registrar s office in coordination with KU and other CMHS offices and departments, ensuring compliance with university, local, and federal laws, regulations and policies.
• Works with the Dean, Associate Deans and Khalifa University s Office of Research Support to promote and support research activities
• Supports and mentor s office faculty and staff who participate in research
Administrative & People Management
• In consultation with the Dean and Associate Deans, actively works with the Office of Human Resources to recruit and retain high quality faculty and staff for the Office of Student Affairs
• Manages faculty and staff (direct reports) by defining job expectations; plans, monitors, and appraises faculty and staff performance; coaches, counsels and actively participates in the departmental employees on-boarding, mentoring and professional development.
• Assists in scheduling and assigning staff workload in the Office of Student Affairs.
• Provides information or prepares reports as and when needed.
• Ensures adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly.
• Ensures coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
• Performs any other tasks assigned by the Dean and his line managers.
• Provides coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensures the achievement of established objectives and plans.
• Recommends appropriate training courses as pre-determined training needs, evaluates their effectiveness, and monitors their results.
• Carries out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommends necessary actions as per applied practices.
• Conducts periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
• Follows-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
• MD and/or PhD in a relevant field
• Qualified for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher
• Prior leadership role in recruitment and admission of students to a program of higher education
• Prior leadership in student affairs and admissions
• Demonstrable accomplishments in teaching, research, healthcare delivery, and/or service at a level commensurate of Assistant Professor or above.
• Strong record reflecting excellence in education, clinical practice, research, and or administration.
• Proven management experience,requisite expertise in working collaboratively with faculty members and medicine professionals, strong interpersonal skills, and a thorough understanding of university structure and culture are essential.
• Demonstrable ethical behavior,professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management abilities that are sufficient to effectively direct and develop staff and students.
• Five (5) or more years of experience in medical student recruitment and admissions
• Familiarity or experience with an education institution in the Middle East.