About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts:
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognising a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
BASIC PURPOSE :
To raise efficiency and effectiveness of the day-to-day operation of the Catering Department while personally prospecting, selling, planning and servicing corporate and social business while maintaining FS standards and maximizing revenue/profit potential. In the absence of the Director of Catering, assume full responsibility for the operation of the Catering Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Day to day supervision of the Catering function. Including maintaining and monitoring the accuracy and effectiveness of all written communication from Catering Manager and Catering Administrative Assistants. These procedures include but are not limited to: Menu and Event Proposals, Contracts, Banquet Event Orders, Catering Resumes, Daily Events Report, and Golden Sales & Catering Standards.
• Participate in the preparation and analysis of the Catering weekly financial forecast, pace reports, monthly production recap, and contribute to the Annual Marketing Plan and Budget as required.
• Actively prospect, handle inquiries, develop new business and maintain a portfolio of current traced accounts to ensure a full pipeline and ultimately exceed Catering revenue targets.
• Finalize the requirements of personally produced bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
• Supervise the execution of banquet events and ensure client satisfaction at the outset of all events. Review all function space with appropriate banquet staff prior to event and find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while events are on property..
• Act as the liaison for all vendor/supplier related clients needs, (i.e. Audio Visual, Florists, Entertainment, Transportation, DMC, Off-site Locations etc)
• Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments.
• Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
• Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Briefing, Afternoon Operations Briefing, Pre-Con Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Revenue Strategy Meeting, Group Pipeline Meetings, Board of Operations Meetings, Site visits and menu tastings.
• Keep Director of Catering, Director of Conference Services and Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS :
Education: College education preferred
Experience: 3-5 Years experience as a Catering or Conference Services Manager in a full service hotel, of which 2 years was specifically selling and servicing the Corporate, Social/Weddings markets and Offsite Catering.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English Language.
Proven interpersonal skills with a track record of successful client interactions.
Strong personal selling skills focused on developing lasting business relationships.
Coaching and People Development Skills
Good organizational skills.