About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah Your Place to Shine .
Madinat Jumeirah The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Assistant Director of Food & Beverage to join the Food & Beverage department in Mina A Salam Hotel. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
• To supervise & coordinate all aspects of the Food and Beverage Operation.
• To ensure stability within the service delivery of existing operations, maintain the high levels of service excellence and drive revenues, control operating expenses, train and develop colleagues.
• Planning and implementing programs, policies and procedures to ensure that Madinat Jumeirah standards are met
• Co-ordination of special promotions and provision of necessary administrative support
• Participation in Public Relations activities, Sales calls or other promotional activities designed at enhancing the Image and profitability of the Resort.
• Carries out assignments and instructions delegated by higher management of Madinat Jumeirah Resort, ensuring that all company and Resort Policies and Procedures and standards are adhered to.
• Meeting and interacts with representatives of the local community and potential guests as required.
• Makes recommendations to Management for modernization of equipment, service methods, presentation and improved guest satisfaction. To assist in any of the Outlets when necessary.
• Participates in the preparation of the Annual Business plan and Sales and Marketing Plans.
• Monitors closely the profitability of all Food and Beverage Outlets. Provides solutions to improve problem areas and assists in implementing corrective measures ensuring that each Outlet is individually profitable.
• Assists in the development of ideas and the increased department sales of Food and Beverage to improve productivity.
• Contribute to the preparation of the SBU budget and monitor the financial performance of the F&B outlet(s) versus the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
• Plan, direct and monitor services and F&B standards in all outlets and kitchens ensuring that managers take corrective actions as necessary in adherence to Jumeirah policies and standards.
• Monitor the activities and trends of competitor hotels, restaurants and bars and identify and act on opportunities to modernize equipment, service methods, and product presentation so that guest satisfaction is improved continuously and the competitive advantage of the hotel is sustained.
• Ensure all F&B employees adhere to uniform and grooming standards, and that hygiene standards are relentlessly enforced to demonstrate a professional image consistent with the Jumeirah brand.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
• Bachelor s Degree of Hospitality, Business or any relevant field from an accredited and renowned University
• 3 years in senior F&B management roles in a luxury hotel (Experience preferred in a large multi faceted 5 star environment, either corporate established group or free standing)
• Skill base to drive a highly dynamic operation with a diversity of 10-12 units at any one time
• Able to manage large and diverse operations.
• Creativity and innovation in food and beverage concepts and operations
• Demonstrable achievements in improving customer satisfaction and profitability.
About the Benefits:
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brand in the hospitality industry.