Assistant Director of Rooms:
Four Seasons Hotel Riyadh is looking for someone who d irects and controls the activities of the Front Desk, Reservations, Communications, Concierge, Housekeeping, Spa, Security, Bell Staff and Driveway Staff.
Acts as the senior manager in these departments when department head is unavailable. Assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Rooms in his/her absence.
Responds to a wide variety of guest requests by accurately assessing the guest needs and requests and then adding personal recommendations and touches to achieve maximum customer satisfaction while complying with all Four Seasons policies.
About Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts:
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
Essential Functions :
• Manages the Department Heads in the departments named above.
• Ensures thorough communications and follow-up on any problems, guest or employee request or special requirements, and hotel initiatives. Interviews, and trains the staff.
• Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines staff when needed.
• Reviews and monitors schedules of staff in all departments in the Rooms Division.
• Monitors their activities to assure that standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs are being met.
• Inspects all areas of responsibility in the Rooms Division.
• Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel, handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
• Will resolve complaints in person, by phone or through written message.
• Assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.
• Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner.
• Interaction with guest will be in person and by phone.
• Assures that financial goals are being met.
• Monitors and controls labor expense, and supplies/equipment expenses.
• Works closely with Reservations, Sales and the Front Office to maximize rate, occupancy and total revenue.
• Maintains close relationships with retail tenants and concessions to ensure guest service standards are met along with revenue/expense targets.
• Assists Director of Rooms in preparing Annual Budget.
• Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security, satisfaction and well being of hotel guests and employees when senior managers are not available.
• Responds swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
• Acts as the senior manager in the Rooms Division in the absence of the Director.
• Assists the Director of Rooms in forecasting and budgeting of revenues and expenses for all departments in the Rooms Division.
• Assists with responsibilities and duties in the absence of or due to heavy volume in any Rooms Division area. Provides Crunch Team assistance throughout the hotel.
Our Ideal Assistant Director of Rooms candidate will have:
• Experience in a diversity of operational rooms division management positions with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role within Front Office focusing on service quality.
• You will have a special talent for ensuring our guests feel at home and receive the highest levels of service excellence, be a passionate and motivated leader with excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills to work with cross-functional teams, have the highest level of integrity and transparency, strong business acumen, a passion for service and an exceptional eye for detail, and a desire to promote a continuous learning environment that creates an atmosphere for professional development opportunities.
• KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Education: College education or equivalent experience
• Experience: Experience required by position is from two to four years of employment in a related position.
Experience in the hospitality or Tourism industry.
Working knowledge is generally learned on-the-Job or through a series of professional certifications.
Requires knowledge of the ability to operate computer equipment.
Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.