Provides administrative support to Head, Physical Therapy, in daily operational activities. Plans, controls, coordinates, and measures the work of the department as required.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Acts as Head, Physical Therapy during his/ her absence, as required.
2. Assists with resolution of daily operational problems, and provides recommendations regarding department policies.
3. Ensures optimum utilization of the Department resources as equipment, supplies, warehouse stock items, space and personnel.
4. Oversees the assignment schedule and leave planning for the department personnel, and ensures staff coverage as required.
5. Consults with physician regarding treatments and patient progress, and ensures that safety, infection, environmental control practice is observed.
6. Assists with evaluating patients, administers physical therapy procedures, and provides immediate supervision of Physical Therapy supervisors.
7. Assists in the preparation of annual operating budget for all assigned services/ functions, monitors and keep expenditures within budget.
8. Evaluates equipment and makes recommendations regarding purchases, and ensures proper maintenance of equipment s.
9. Assists with revision and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and goals, and recommends disciplinary actions, as required.
10. Develops data and initiates proposal for changes to improve the operating efficiency of various Physical Therapy functions.
11. Assists with and maintains treatment and progress reports, prepares periodic statistical reports and other important reports, and ensures that all reports are submitted on a timely basis.
12. Assists with evaluation and selection of employment candidates.
13. Liaises with Protocol Services to arrange and facilitate VIP patient treatment.
Master s or Bachelor s Degree of Science in Physical Therapy is required.
Six (6) years of experience as a Physical Therapist including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity with Master s Degree, or eight (8) years of similar requirements with Bachelor s Degree is required.
Management certification courses are recommended.