The role of the Event Operations Back of the House (OPB) department is to manage activities across the event delivery of Expo 2020. OPB includes the following service areas: (1) Accreditation, (2) Cleaning & Waste Management, (3) Guest Services, (4) Logistics, (5) Site Management, (6) Transport Traffic & Parking and (7) Venue Operations.
The purpose of the Assistant Manager Cleaning, is to assist in the coordination of the service planning and delivery for the Cleaning Functional Area, integrating with other Event Operations Functional Areas, other business departments and external stakeholders.
- Assist in the early program planning through to Event delivery of the overall Cleaning & Waste Management (CWM) Functional Area Operating Plan (FAOP);
- Work with other business departments, such as Real Estate and Delivery (RE&D) and the Programme Management Consultant (PMC) to focus on an integrated planning approach;
- Assist in developing the short term and medium term detailed plans for Cleaning Services, to include people, procurement, and budgeting and project management;
- Assist in the management of the development, revision, and implementation of policies and procedures for all cleaning services;
- Assist in representing the division in matters related to cleaning & field operations regarding safety and operational issues;
- Assist in the coordination of planning of the management of Cleaning Services for the Expo 2020 site and the public realm;
- Assist in planning the management of the occupational health and safety for the operational period and work with all stake holders (both internal and external);
- Assist in working with the Overlay team to develop all plans for the cleaning of all Overlay, Look, Wayfinding and Signage;
- Ensuring that all company policies and procedures are adhered to, specifically to include all responsibilities and accountabilities associated with the Expo 2020 Health and Safety Policy and assurance standards;
- Assist in the integration with other Event Operations Functional Areas to plan for the ongoing management of the site during operations for the cleaning services.