We are looking for Assistant Manager-Health, Safety, Environment
This is a key position of the Site Team in the Health Safety & Environment area of expertise. The primary objective of the role is to protect and enhance the safety of our employees, fostering a culture of caring where safety, health and environment are ingrained as a core value.
The position ensures compliance of all HSE aspects of the sites being managed.
In addition to overall input to corporate and site safety, health and environment initiatives, strategies, programs and procedures, responsibilities include supporting factory and warehouse via hands on counsel, supervision, assessment and implementation of:
• HSE Culture – leads/fosters/develops a caring culture where safety, health and environment are ingrained as a core value with all employees, everyone believes zero is achievable, everyone is actively engaged in performing their work in a safe manner, and everyone actively interacts with co-workers to prevent at-risk behaviors. Actively participates on site team and effectively leads, coaches and develops operations line supervision to be effective HSE leaders/coaches in their respective positions.
• HSE Performance – Partners with site team to develop site HSE key priorities, in line with the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to drive HSE performance improvement. Ensures these are aligned with Corporate Strategies, Programs and Plans.
• Compliance – Ensure site maintains continuous “audit ready” state of compliance with company HSE policies and procedures as well as all applicable external regulatory requirements. Responsible to create and ensure implementation of necessary systems, processes and procedures, including management of change.
• HSE Strategies, Programs and Plans - Develops HSE programs, systems and processes, including training and coaching to establish clear procedures on HSE measures and • precautions. Drives key effective initiatives, strategies, programs and procedures, responsibilities via hands on leadership, coaching and team work.
• Risk Assessment and Elimination - Leads the effective implementation and utilization of risk assessment and risk prediction processes in the site to ensure these are effective at identifying and mitigating hazards and effectively communicated/ understood by all affected employees. Ensures investigation of all HSE related incidents to drive to root cause and identify actions to prevent recurrence. Ensures all actions to prevent recurrence are effectively implemented.
• Ensures effective injury case management process is fully implemented, well understood and functioning as desired.
• HSE Capability Building – Develops site HSE talent through active support, coaching and feedback with the goal of developing talent that can move on to more challenging positions. Leads development of HSE capabilities of all employees and contractors through effective content development and delivery of site HSE training that ensures comprehension. Develops and maintains effective HSE communication processes to promote HSE awareness regarding performance trends and key concepts/initiatives.
• Liaison and technical expertise support – Provides technical expertise/coaching as needed in all areas and initiatives of the function. Partners with other key functions on initiatives including production, quality, supply chain, HR, Maintenance, R&D etc. to deliver on goals and plans.