● The job holder is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Legal department under the supervision of the head of department, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
• Supervision and team management of other team members in line with the department’s reporting line.
• Assisting in providing legal advices and guidance on all kinds of legal matters, enquiries and overall legal enquiries and requirements to all the bank’s departments including the branches.
• Assisting in litigation cases and liaising with external lawyers to ensure that the bank is represented in a timely and effective manner in all legal matters and court cases
• Assisting in Mediating with parties to seek an amicable settlements and Draft of settlement agreements
• Drafting ,vetting , reviewing and update all legal documentation relating primarily to corporate and banking facility agreements , finance security documents including but not limited to , credit ,mortgage , service, supply agreements ,AMC and all other types of guarantees and settlement agreements to make sure that it is in the bank’s interest.
• Representing the bank in all matters before Police Stations, Courts of Law, Expert Meetings, Labour Department, insurance companies, rent committee, and any dispute committee, etc
• Handling of any additional tasks assigned by Head of Legal, meanwhile all duties are conducted under the supervision of Head of legal.
• Interacts with Head Office Departments and Branches.
Regular contact with legal firms and external lawyers representing the Bank.
• The job holder will be functioning under the supervision of the Head of the Department