The PMO Department is responsible for facilitating planning and delivery while enabling decision making across the programme by establishing governance principles and standards. In this regard, the department proactively monitors the progress of all projects across Expo 2020, highlighting risks that impair the effectiveness and efficiency of the delivery. The department facilitates alignment and integration across the programme to enable the achievement of the Expo Goals and provides independent reporting to senior management on progress.
Collaborate with and assist the senior management of Expo 2020 to achieve the Portfolio Goal of Securing 25 Million Visits" aligned to the vision and mission set for Expo 2020.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Oversee delivery of projects and activities, in terms of strategy, scope, delivery plans and timelines that are undertaken by Expo 2020 departments, both internally and in conjunction with external stakeholders, such as DTCM, RTA, Dubai Airports, etc. to provide insights and recommend strategic initiatives to enhance capability and optimize delivery of Expo 2020 to secure 25 Million Visits;
- Identify, analyze, develop effective response plans to manage strategic risks and issues across the Expo 2020 Portfolio against securing 25 Million visits, to support decision making of the senior management of Expo 2020;
- Liaise and collaborate with the organization to analyze progress and subsequently drive delivery by proposing and collectively implementing tactical actions that optimize scope, align timelines and overcome challenges in view of securing 25 Million visits;
- Work with VP_PMO on special projects that are assigned by Senior Management;
- Provide updates, insights, risks and issues to assist reporting on Expo 2020 Portfolio to the Expo 2020 Board and Expo 2020 Higher Committee;
- Provide updates, insights, risks and issues to assist reporting on projects and activities undertaken by Expo 2020 with external stakeholder in the UAE to the Expo 2020 Higher Committee.