The appointed candidate should teach Architecture courses, will have proved research record in the area of Architecture. He or she will be expected to make a substantial contribution to the research activities of the College, and to undertake teaching and administrative duties as assigned by the Dean.
• Undergraduate level teaching experience is required for at least three years, and membership in professional organizations will be considered.
• Must also exhibit originality and excellence in some field connected with teaching and learning, writing and researching.
• Strong, solid and recent research record in the expertise required by the position.
• Commitment to diversity and multiculturalism.
• Ability to work effectively as a part of the team.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in academic programs based on the American Model of Education.
• Professional practice experience is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience in teaching Architecture studios.
• Track record of scholarship productivity or strong potential for developing independent research.
• Must have demonstrated ability in advising, guiding and counseling students.
• Ph.D. in Architecture from an accredited and reputable university.
• Ability to teach, a wide range of Architecture courses such as history of Architecture, Building information management, along with Studio courses.
• Knowledge of computer software should include Auto CAD, REVIT, 3Dmax and/or Sketchup, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Knowledge of other software would be desirable.
• High English language proficiency
Al Ghurair University (AGU) is one of the first licensed private Universities. All Bachelor s & Master s degree programs offered by AGU have been granted accreditation and it is internationally recognized. For more information about the AGU and the college, go to AGU Website.
The interested candidates can apply online through AGU website Employment at AGU or may send detailed CV to the following email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . The application package should include a cover letter, updated curriculum vitae, a brief statement of current and future teaching and research interests, and Portfolio showing evidence of excellence in research & teaching. Please provide names and contact information for three references.
To be considered for a Full-time faculty position, the candidate must have earned his/her terminal degree from a reputed institute, included in the approved list of universities on the Ministry of Education (MOE) Website. The medium of instruction at the College of Architecture & Design is English. The jobs are open until filled.