To assist the Restaurant Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the restaurant on a day to day basis and compliance to the Nando’s operational standards.
· Assist in taking corrective actions necessary to improve business performance indicators and monitor performance against set daily targets.
· Ensure correct and effective financial administration according to Nando’s policies & procedures on a daily basis and assist in controlling expenditure & in achieving expected gross profit margins.
· Perform daily compliance checks with regards to Health & Safety, Repairs & Maintenance, Cleaning & Hygiene, and escalate any problems to the Restaurant Manager.
· Ensure efficient stock control management for the restaurant on a daily basis and ensure compliance to the Nando’s operational standards and operating requirements.
· Escalate poor performance where necessary and provide continuous feedback to staff and Restaurant Manager and assist in ensuring that all staff are signed-off on the relevant training material and procedures on an on-going basis.
· Assist the Restaurant Manager in ensuring adherence to the disciplinary code.
· To assist in developing the corrective action plan and facilitating actions necessary to improve results of the mystery shopper report and assist with the execution of the local marketing plan to promote sales and increase customer base.
Fulfil the responsibilities of the Restaurant Manager in his/her absence.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Ideal Candidate should have an overall 6 to 8 years of experience out of which 1 to 2 years as an Assistant Restaurant Manager/Senior Supervisor or second in command at a branded international casual dining restaurant chain.
· Should have good command over English language.
· Ability to speak in Arabic is an advantage.
· Ability to analyze and understand market trends and environment.
· Should have good people management skills.