• Ensure proper implementation of the Environmental Management standards, system, policies and procedures across all assets in compliance with Environmental Abu Dhabi (EAD) Agency requirements and best practices.
• Ensure adherence of projects to the established environmental standards via proper inspection and communication with the related project directors.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and implement the Environmental Management system and Policies e.g. Biodiversity Policy, waste
management policy, Operational Eco-Efficiency and climate strategy, environmental policy, Targets, Objectives and all necessary procedures and standards to ensure effective full compliance with all sustainability and environment legal requirements and ISO 14001 (local and international standards and code of practices)
• Monitor the performance of external consultant to meet objectives, PMC, Consultant and Contractor to ensure full compliance with environmental regulations, Construction Environmental Management plan CEMP, Environmental Impact Assessment EIA, Targets, Objectives, policy and procedures.
• Follow up with PMC Consultant and Contractor to ensure obtaining the Environmental NOC permits starting from EPA till project handing over.
• Ensure that the assigned parties are assessing, analyzing and collating environmental performance data (Terrestrial, water and air) and reporting to relevant parties if required.
• Ensure that PMC, Consultant and Contractor are monitoring materials MSDS and chemicals limits content in line
with UAE Legislations.
• Preparing and managing environmental budgets.
• Enhancing the environmental culture across all development by launching initiatives and participate with all
• Full awareness and following up Estidama Requirements.
• Coordinate with PMC, Consultant and Contractor to ensure all aspects of pollution control, waste management,
recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy.
• Regular inspection and audit (Internal and External with second party) on projects to ensure the effective
implementation of environmental policy and procedures and ensure the PMC, Consultant and Contractor are reporting environmental performance to relevant bodies.
• Follow up waste management practices.
• Provide input in the development of Corporate Social Responsibilities CSR strategies related to environmental
protection in order to meet the social, environmental, CSR and legal compliance objectives of ALDAR - (If applicable)
• Engage with stakeholders (ALDAR departments, Abu Dhabi Sustainability Group etc.) to identify areas for
improvement in ALDAR s environmental strategy and policies and make recommendations for improvement or new draft policies and comply with Sustainability requirements Including Aldar s sustainability ambitions and
targets such as the ambition to work towards carbon neutral operations
• Assist in investigations into environmental incidents and ensure the concern parties are reported to
• Participate along with PMC and Consultant during Prequalification process for contractors and other service providers on environmental policies and necessary requirements.
• Advise on environmental monitoring and compliance
• Generate environmental report to determine each project condition to ED and recommendation for improvement e.g. monthly report & Environmental dashboard report, Data and report related to sustainability requirements under development Management.
• Tracking all new legal requirements, changes and advise all involved parties for full compliance
• Follow up with authorities regarding all environmental issues for full compliance with Environment Agency Abu Dhabi
EAD. REPORTING LINES
Report To: Executive
Director - QHSE
Report From: N/A
Interaction: Consultants, 3rd party service providers.
• Recommend or Approve Spend: N/A
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• QHSE department spend (actual vs. budget/plan)
• Number of Environmental breaches identified, breakdown: non repeatable vs. repeatable
• Timeliness of approving contractors reg. EAD requirements
• 70% Site-based, 30% office based. YoE/Qualifications/Skills
RELATED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Min of: 8 years of experience in OHSE / Environmental management with large developer or a construction firm.
YOE IN MANAGERIAL POSITION
Min of: N/A
OHSE / Environmental function in a developer or construction (PMC, Consultant or contractor).
TECHNICAL AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
• Strong knowledge and exposure to the GCC real estate market and local/national HSE rules and regulations
• Experience in contractor assessment and qualification regarding HSE requirements
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities required for managing project quality compliance across multiple projects;
• Fluent in both English and Hindi excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.