A career in Audit at KPMG
will give you insights into the inner workings of companies and a broad
business perspective that can open up countless opportunities for professional
and personal growth. Our Audit process does more than assess financial
information. It s designed to focus on the key areas of risk so that our
clients can focus on managing their core business. KPMG combines a
multi-disciplinary approach with deep, practical industry knowledge to help
clients meet challenges and respond to business opportunities.
• Ability to obtain and present appropriate audit evidence, address the relevant audit objectives, Play the in-charge role on the audit engagements.
• Draw initial conclusions on client queries, being alert to both commercial concerns and technical accuracy and referring upwards if necessary
• Perform fieldwork on assigned clients, assisting with the setting of budgets and pricing, scheduling audits, selecting staff and assigning workloads, developing the audit strategy, all within the KPMG Audit Methodology, and using technology tools
• Identify issues for reporting in the management letter, and other communications with management, and drafts the final documents for review by manager and partner
• Budget time allocation to assignments and explain variances from budget and collects cash on time
• Lead and manage the audit team in the field on assignments
• Supply or attend briefings which are clearly understood on all assignments
• Ensure completion of audits/projects within agreed timescales and budgets.
• Graduate degree in Accounting or related field;
• International professional qualification CA, ACCA,ACA, CPA (is a must)
• Knowledge of IFRS
• At least 3 -4 years inpublic auditing and accounting, preferably with a Big 4 Audit firm; experience of working with SMEs is a must
• Knowledge of best practicereporting and International Financial Reporting Standards;
• Some experience outside the normal audit field, such as agreed-upon,accounting support and other transaction support engagements
• A strong team-player
• Ability to multi-task
• Able to work with minimal need for guidance
• Ability to use a wide range of techniques to analyze an issue
• Can communicate openly and honestly, even with difficult messages
• Can use previous knowledge and experience to thebenefit of the client
• Ability to work underpressure and maintain composure, especially during peak periods .