A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced chartered surveyor to join a highly respected residential valuation department in an established chartered surveying firm. The ideal candidate will possess excellent technical knowledge, good business acumen, exceptional people management skills and have experience working in the UAE.
What this opportunity involves:
This role will involve a mix of valuation work for a range of top tier clients including banks, developers, investors, lending institutions, owners and occupiers who rely on our advice to make financial decisions, assess risks and ensure they adopt the correct management of individual properties and portfolios.
You will be expected to lead, motivate and supervise a team of valuers in carrying out valuation assignments while ensuring the quality of the department s work. You will also support the head of department with business development objectives and continued growth in revenue, both locally in the UAE, and wider GCC region.
• Take a lead role in the business development of the residential valuation department.
• Manage assignments and team members to ensure the accuracy of work, with timely and efficient deliverables.
• Proactively identify and scope out new clients and business opportunities.
• Participate in the review and assessment of potential business development opportunities and bidding prospects.
• Manage multiple instructions at the same time efficiently and effectively.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of a strong client base.
• Play an active role in the supervision and development of junior team members.
• Collaborate with other departments internally to maintain market knowledge and cross sell.
• Chartered surveyor (MRICS) and RICS registered valuer.
• Comprehensive knowledge of valuation regulations and legislation.
• In-depth knowledge of the UAE real estate market is essential.
• Good IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
• Committed to mentoring junior staff and previous experience and interest in managing people.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and rigorous analytical skills.
• Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form professional relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels of seniority.
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate tasks efficiently ensuring all deadlines are met.
• Accurate and exceptional attention to detail.
• Pro-active and enjoys working autonomously and as part of a wider team.
• Strong team ethic.
• Valid UAE driving license.