Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
We are Guidehouse, a leading consulting firm serving the public sector and commercial clients with specialized capabilities in strategy, technology, and risk management. You may not yet know our name, but we have a rich history. Guidehouse is a combination of PwC s former public sector practice in the US and Navigant s deep global expertise in energy, financial services and healthcare.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards individuals based on impact, not tenure. Our firm is at the forefront of an emerging model solving complex problems that stretch across government and private companies, affording our people the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the consulting profession. By focusing on markets facing transformational change, technology-driven innovation, and significant regulatory pressure, our employees also develop and deploy world class knowledge and problem solving that leads to breakthrough solutions.
Our Energy, Sustainability & Infrastructure team provides political, strategic and management consultancy to institutions and companies across the energy value chain that aim to support the energy transition. Amongst the topics addressed are the design of policies and the implementation of new technological developments that are needed to equip energy systems with distributed sources such as renewables, storage options and electromobility, increase flexibility between power and fuels, interconnectivity between regions of supply and demand, and emerging services and technologies powered by data resulting from the digitalisation of the energy system. Our strength lies in our strategic understanding of complex relations between technology, policy and business, and our ability to translate that into actionable advice for our clients.
We are seeking a n Associate Director/Director to join our Energy, Sustainability, and Infrastructure (ES&I) segment to support the growth of our energy providers (e.g. power and utility companies, oil and gas companies, etc.) practice in the UAE and Gulf region.
We are looking for an individual with experience in energy efficiency program delivery to build relationships, sell consulting solutions, and deliver complex client engagements. This role will also involve staff development and thought leadership.
Success in this position will depend on
• The individual s ability to integrate with and leverage existing client relationships and to build new relationships with senior leadership at powerand water utilities in the region as well as with other key energy industry players, including the oil and gas companies, government, project developers and OEMs;
• The individual s ability to lead complex client engagementswhile at the same time serving as part of a close-knit team.
• The individual s ability to work closely with existing regionalleadership as well as the international and global leadership of the energy providers practice within ES&I to evolve and execute the regional business plan.
Our team members manage their own tasks and schedules while carrying out business and technical analyses to deliver high quality client work. Our consultants must demonstrate considerable business acumen and an acute focus on maximizing client value.
• Working with regional and international leadership to grow the energy providers practice in the region, with an emphasis on energy efficiency solutions, through
• Engagingwith potential clients to understand their key challenges and needs;
• Identifying, advancing, and closingsales opportunities at new and existing clients;
• Pursuingopportunities for holistic offerings through team/cross-practice collaboration;
• Defininga compelling value proposition aligned with the client s needs.
• Deliveringsuccessful consulting engagements by:
• Designing and managing multiple and/or more complex consulting engagements;
• Completing engagements at or above targeted profitability;
• Generating new and unique ideas and using solid judgment to determine which ideas will have greatest likelihood of success;
• Managing international teams and networks for subject matter experts;
• Playing a key role in the execution of innovative solutions and application of technical knowledge and best practices.
• Mentoring and managing local junior staff.
• 10 + years of e nergy industry experience, either in professional services, strategy, or management consulting or with a utility or other energy provider.
• 5+ years of energy efficiency program delivery experience.
• Demonstrated experience selling and delivering consulting and / or business solutions.
• Proposal writing experience including budget development and managing proposal timeline with multiple subject matter experts providing input.
• Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
• Strong oral and written communication
• Able to travel via airplane with minimal assistance to client sites across the regionand potentially beyond.
• Local (UAE) and regional (GCC) professional network.
• Experience delivering complex engagements in the region.
• Demonstrated interest in and experience with building organizations during early growth phases.
• Technical or economic training with advanced degree.