Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of in our Financial Services business, our Risk Assurance team currently has opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated Senior Associates with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from Senior Associates with experience of working with Risk and Prudential assurance background.
As a Senior Associate, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive FS experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Manage day-to-day engagement operations, including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to leadership
- Creating high quality deliverables using appropriate business and technical language
- Collaborating directly with clients, identifying and addressing client needs through building solid relationships with clients; understanding the client's business; communicating a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner and actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Contribute to the development of your own and teams technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Lead teams and develop junior members of staff through training, coaching, mentoring and supervision
- Help identify opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Work with colleagues across PwC offices supporting our clients and internal initiatives
Demonstrate knowledge of risk management areas relevant to financial institutions, including the following:
- Knowledge of risk management methodologies and disciplines, including value at risk, quantitative analysis, liquidity
- stress testing and scenario analysis with an emphasis in the banking industry.
- Knowledge of a minmum of 2 of the following areas:
* Credit risk: Obligor & facility risk rating, PD/LGD/EAD models, allowance models, pricing models, etc.
* Market risk: strategy, management, processes and technology solutions
* Operational risk: Ops risk methodologies and tools (RCSA, KRI, loss database)
* Liquidity risk: Strategy, management, contingency funding plans, cash and capital management, ALM
- Preparing prudential returns such as ICAAP, ILAAP, IRRBB, Pillar III, Large exposures and similar returns along with basic understanding of Basel III and IV requirements.
- Knowledge of banking products including lending, deposits, fixed income, derivatives, foreign exchange, etc.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant subject areas such as Finance, Economics, Business etc.
- Credential must be obtained prior to being promoted to Manager
- 3 years of progressive experience in FS Consulting environment/ FS Industry;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Proven IT skills in use of MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Projects, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates