AUD Health Center Nurse
The American University in Dubai invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of AUD Health Center Nurse.
The fundamental responsibility of this position is to provide general nursing care and health supervision, to students, staff, faculty and
all employees in AUD; treat minor injuries and illnesses, and maintain the highest attainable standards of health services.
• Provide emergency and routine medical care for minor acute illnesses and injuries
• Assist students in preventing loss of schooling opportunities due to health problems
• Prepare accident and incident reports, and arrange for further care if necessary
• Maintain standard university practices for health services
• Provide general care and health supervision of students
• Contribute to health education programs organized by the Health Department; Update the Health Bulletin Board
• Offer advice information and guidance to University staff on health matters, infection control, consultative documents etc.…
• Promote the prevention of illness and the well-being of students and staff
• Monitor the absence of students due to illness
• Liaise on daily basis with the Health Center Director to discuss relevant issues of the health services ensuring that all
expectations are met
• Ensure compliance with AUD Health Policies and Procedures
• Assess campus environments to identify potential health or safety problems
• Ensure AUD Health and Safety Plan policies and procedures are followed
• Report to the Health Center Director potential hazards and faulty equipment
• Maintain confidential health records system according to the American University in Dubai and the American Hospital
• Maintain first aid supplies at all agreed locations
• Provide emergency and routine medical care for emergencies (minor acute illnesses and injuries) for students in the university
• Prepare accident reports, and arrange for further care if necessary.
• Maintain high standard practices for health services.
• Ensure AUD Health and Safety Plan policies and procedures are adhered.
• Assess student’s residence environments to identify potential health disorder or safety problems.
• Liaise on a daily basis with the Health Center Director.
Competencies and Skills Used:
• Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology, and equipment
• Interpersonal/human relation skills
• Patient assessment skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to apply good clinical judgement and confidentiality
• Licensed Staff Nurse
• DOH Certification
• Maintain appropriate nursing certifications and professional training
Desired Additional Qualifications:
• Ensure high level of nursing competence in continuing education
• Explore ways and methods of improving health education and services
• Computer skills: Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)