The Audiologist provides diagnostic and rehabilitation services for patients with hearing, balance, or other ear-related health conditions. This role performs diagnostic hearing evaluations, hearing aid selection, fitting and follow-up services, cochlear implant evaluation, programming, and rehabilitation, auditory brainstem response evaluations; and neonatal auditory brainstem response screenings.
· Obtains case history and formulates appropriate individualized evaluation plan.
· Performs complete, accurate basic audiologic evaluation and accurately communicate results.
· Performs Visual Reinforcement Audiometry and Conditioned Play Audiometry.
· Assess individual amplfication options, selects appropriate amplification options, verifies appropriateness of fitting, and utilizes real-ear measurement techniques.
· Provides patient education (care, use amplification), discusses purchase agreement terms, addresses post-fitting issues, adjusts amplification.
· Performs, analyzes, and reports electrophysiological procedures.
· Identifies and evaluates cochlear implant candidates, provides post-surgical programming, rehabilitation, and follow-up services, documents services.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills Required:
Two (2) years’ experience in a relevant role.
Training and work experience in the US
High level interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with patients, physicians, management, staff and other customers.
Demonstrated customer service skills, including the ability to use appropriate judgment, independent thinking, flexibility and creativity when resolving customer issues.
Ability to apply critical thinking, communication, influence, and flexibility to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes.
Recognizes and accepts accountability for safety and care of patients
Demonstrated patient centered / patient valued behaviors.
Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Good ability to effectively handle challenging situations and balance multiple priorities
Strong data, analytical and finance orientation.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desire to work in multi-disciplinary setting.
Fluent English speaker. Knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage although not essential
· Master's degree or higher from accredited program in Audiology.