In this role your responsibilities will include the following.
• Inspecting and testing vehicles
• Completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters, performing all suspension and brake jobs
• Maintains vehicle functional condition by conducting inspections, repairing & overhauling engine failures; repairing mechanical and basic electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
• Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs
• Evaluating and recommending service and parts
• Constantly updating job knowledge by participating in any educational opportunities & reading technical publications
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience.
• Proven experience as auto mechanic of minimum 3-5 years
• Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic components of vehicles especially American Cars & Vans GMC, Ford, etc.
• General Motors Dealer experience is a plus
• Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods (Tech 2, MDI II, Ford IDS, launch, AUTEL MaxySys)
• Able to handle various tools (e.g. pliers) and heavy equipment (e.g. lift)
• Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
• Excellent physical condition
• High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is preferred