The Aviation Maintenance Teacher is responsible for providing effective teaching in Aviation Maintenance Engineering Technology which is a specialized skills subject as part of the Applied Stream in the Emirate school. This would be to students at a high school level. By using various learning methodologies that support acquiring knowledge and skill, curriculum is taught to second language learners within a student-centric learning environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and traditions and prepares students to contribute to the positive development of the UAE. The teacher plays an important role in assisting with the development and preservation of system-wide and directorate-specific policies and are viewed as active participants in academic and extra-curricular events at the school and within the community.
• Responsible for planning, managing and improving the learning of their own students, workingwith other teammembers.
• In collaboration with Teachers to implement and continually improve curriculum, teaching,learning and assessmentstrategies.
• Supervising students during the practical tasks and activates and ensure health and safety rules are applied.
• To manage the learning of the students, maintaining records including students portfolios, collaborating with other teachersand promoting staff development in a pro-activemanner.
• Responsibleforplanningandparticipatinginprofessionaldevelopmentopportunitiestofurther their own knowledge, skills and abilities
• To manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
• To play a leadership role in role-modeling behavior, attitudes, and learning behavior s for students.
• Responsible for achieving the set learning outcomes in students, and therefore supervise all student activities and processes to ensure outcomes.
• To develop and maintain teaching materials and assist with program quality assurance processes.
• Adapt and work to the local working environment and local anomalies and ensure full integration with Emirati counterparts.
• Teaching and assessing students;
• Developing teaching and assessment resources;
• Maintaining student and course records including portfolio; and advising any issues relating to students.
• Liaise with Student Counselors, as required. Communicate progress and performanceto students and