A Smile, Common Sense, Passion for home furnishing, and Leadership; that's what we need in IKEA Al-Homaizi Kuwait - a company that believes in developing business through our Co-Workers. Our energy comes from creating a better everyday life for the many people. We simply recruit based on Values, Competence, Potential for growth, and Diversity.
You lead and inspire your team to optimise the shopping experience to secure satisfied customers and increased sales and profitability in the store. You achieve this using your knowledge of the IKEA product range, the local market, competition and customers. Your leadership is based on performing and delivering while learning and developing in the business. In your strategies and actions, you always consider and steer the business in a multichannel retail environment, particularly the IKEA store and IKEA website.
• Develops and implements sales strategies for the department to increase revenues and achieve sales targets;
• Manages the top line growth to ensure profitability and sales targets are achieved by managing and developing the sales team to deliver against sales and profitability targets;
• Promotes the business to new and existing clients and secures new and repeat business by networking;
• Manages existing key customers/ accounts in order to meet objectives of retention and further account development; develops retention strategies for key customers;
• Responds to and prepares tendering processes;
• Manages timely coordination of account orders including entry, tracking, order confirmation, cancellations and delivery information; Meets all order deadlines in a timely and consistent manner;
• Promotes high-quality customer experience and satisfaction by ensuring exceptional services is provided to customers and clients at all times;
• Provides accurate and timely forecasting on a periodic basis, and discusses inefficiencies related to the performance of the sales;
• Supervises and coordinates the all the sales activities to ensure all activities are in line with department guidelines and are in compliance with the established processes and procedures;
• Conducts regular meetings with co-workers to discuss sales techniques, new products and overall performance;
• Keeps abreast of upcoming competitor services and products, new sales techniques, and market information through research, continued education, and professional growth;
• Develops talent within the team by providing guidance, mentoring and coaching to achieve the defined goals;
• Drives a culture of feedback and coaching in the Department by providing feedback on an ongoing basis, identifying development needs and coaching Co-workers on the areas of improvement.
• Minimum of 3 years in a B2B/B2C Sales Manager capacity in a similar role;
• Must have experience in sales of furniture and interior design concepts to the local community;
• Should have good contacts with local ministry representatives, consultants, contractors; etc.
• Strong presentation and communication skills are essential;
• Excellent negotiation and customer service;
• Strong and effective team management and leadership qualities are a must;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products like Word, Excel, PowerPoint essential.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Some travel may be required.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.
Apply for job