As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be part of our core engineering team who is building domain-specific analytics systems. Writing code to ingest, store and analyze data from heterogeneous sources. A critical thinker, you will apply your software engineering skills to solve real life Big Data problems.
Who you are
• You are a Team-Player, collaborating with Product Managers, Architects, and Software Engineers to research, design, and improve core Big Data analytics functionalities along with implementing features in the area of ingestion, enrichment, search, and analytics.
• You participate in all phases of the development process - analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation in Agile development lifecycles.
• You are detailed, maintaining technical designs that account for security, resiliency, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
• You are a promoter of best practices striving for continuous improvements of our processes, application designs, and application execution.
• You favor automation over repetition.
• You enjoy collaborating in a multicultural and diverse environment that expands to include various geographic locations.
• You have stellar communication skills, effectively expressing yourself. You convey and receive information in a clear, credible, and consistent manner.
• 8+ years of production grade development
• Wide experience in architecting, implementing and managing high performance scalable applications on Linux/Unix platforms with the following: Spring, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes
• Excellent knowledge of enterprise architecture/design patterns, Object Oriented Design methodologies, Data-driven development
• Strong SQL skills, experience with PostGIS
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Good knowledge of computer science (Structures, Indexes, Algorithms complexity estimation, Scalability evaluation)
• Ability to read scientific papers (Math and Computer Science)
• Ability to apply scientific paper to a code Strong writing skills in English, speaking as a plus. Self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, and a responsible team-player