NOTE: To avoid spamming with irrelevant resumes, we suggest genuinely interested candidates to read through the entire job description to understand and verify the suitability of your profile for this role before applying. Due to limited time/resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Salary depends on candidate’s skills, experience and other attributes.
The Bakery Head Chef manages, supervises, and controls the bakery's management and production process. He/she manages, plans,
organizes, and researches new aspects of products in order to have the appropriate knowledge and strategy in terms
of bread making and selling.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in baking bread products & pastries in the UAE.
- Knowledge of bakery/kitchen equipment and Prior experience with a bakery/kitchen equipment principal or distributor company within the UAE is a plus.
- Ability to supervise kitchen set up and organize regular training sessions for the sale team.
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Driver’s license is a plus.
- Receive bakery goods, check specifications, ensure appropriate storing and contribute to stocking the bakery station with the right items.
- Supervise and control that the bakery production is in conformance with the set quality, time, hygiene, cleanliness and presentation specifications.
- Prepare the bakery display section and ensure its maintenance.
- Assist in preparing and cooking all bakery items in conformity with the set specifications.
- Implement adequate hygienic procedures and guidelines as set for the brand, ensure that health and safety regulations are followed at all times, and report discrepancies to hierarchy.
- Supervise and train team members on all key responsibilities in the bakery section and ensure that they comply with the set statutory regulations.
- Carry out functional supervisory responsibilities that include planning and assigning tasks, setting deadlines, monitoring results and quality, and relaying team’s request to hierarchy.
Culinary Standards and Responsibilities:
- Develops, designs, or create new ideas and items for bakery/pastry kitchen.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Prepares and Bakes several types of products, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Sets and supports achievement of culinary goals associated with pastry products including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Provides specific guidance to prioritize, organize, and accomplish daily bakery/pastry operations work.
- Supports procedures for food and beverage portion and waste controls.
- Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
- Trains employees in safety procedures.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
This posting is just an outline of the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position, there is more to being a member of this client so just keep in mind that this is not a comprehensive list of everything the job will entail. Your duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
Please refrain from applying if your profile is not exact match for this role.
NB: Please note that, not getting shortlisted for a role is no reflection on your skills or qualifications; it simply means that the hiring manager is giving more priority to many other specific factors other than skills or experience which are relevant to this position based on their current business requirements.
Please note that candidates are NOT selected merely based on skills/experience . Majority of the Hiring Managers use Talent Analytics that check various factors based on their previous hires, including Suitability to team/company culture, Possible duration a candidate sticks with the company, Nature of client-pool, Work locations/timings, Market Knowledge and many other factors that add value to business. The hiring decisions are taken to run the business at low-risk in steady, optimized, efficient manner.