JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you re happy, our guests will be happy. It s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That s The JW Treatment .
for set-up, mixing of drinks, service and clean-up for catering bar functions.
In so doing, is expected to direct all effort toward guest satisfaction, the
achievement/maintenance of division standards, and profit maximization.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
• A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis
• Minimum of 2-year experience of
a similar position within a five star hotel
Skills and Knowledge
• Thorough beverage
• Sales Person
Ability to suggest and up sell
• Friendly and
• Basic Computer
Education or Certification
• Diploma or degree
in hotel management
following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the
successful performance of the position:
for captain for required set up and type of service assignment.
bar set up ready to go 15 minutes before function is schedules to start.
involves: An adequate supply of following (to last through the duration of the
function, if possible). Ice, water, mixer, all ingredients necessary for
preparing drinks. Glasses, garnishes, napkin and side towel. Matches/ashtrays
cashier duties, if required. This involves handling tickets and cash as per
Marriott International Food and Beverage SOP.
and served drinks as per Marriott standards, policies procedures using a jigger
as all times.
leave your bar during a function unless properly relieved by another bartender
or the captain/maitre d
all times the bar area should be maintained in a clean and organized condition.
Practice clean as you go .
function is over and guest have left the room, breakdown and thoroughly clean
the proper storage of liquor, fruit and equipment, all liquor to be secure.
comply with all local laws and regulations.
report issues or requirements to the supervisors.
requested, is ready to work as a waiter/waitress as well.
• To have a clean uniform and impeccable personal
grooming in compliance with company standards.
• To be at the assigned work area, in uniform, and
ready to work at the time that is scheduled.
• The waiter/waitress will be responsible for these
set up, bussing and clean up of all the following table service necessities as
well as the proper storage of this equipment in its proper place after use in
the room (to put things in the proper place).
• All Event Operations bartenders will be required to
completely familiarize himself with the location of each of the function rooms
and related areas and the various workable types of set up to include the
following: school style, theatre style, conference style, U-Shape, Hollow
square, Hollow rectangle, Banquet style, T-Shape, E-Shape, Different types of
buffet set up, Coffee Trolley.
• Set up, service, breakdown and vacuuming of all
department functions to include: meetings, breakfast, lunch, dinner,
receptions, banquet hall cleaners, dances/concerts, exhibits, general cleaning
of all area and vacuum, outdoor catering.
• Set up and handle tables, i.e. rounds, rectangles,
ovals, schoolroom etc.
• The waiter will be totally responsible for ensuring
that each service piece of linen china, glass and silverware is spotless before
it is placed on a table, and that each table is set up uniformly.
• Each waiter will be responsible for attending menu
class before each of their designated function with the supervisor/managers in
able to obtain better food and beverage knowledge.
• To introduce one s self to the guest on one s
station and project a warm cheerful, enthusiastic desire to be of service.
• To wear a name tag as part of the proper uniform,
as well as no excessive jewelry to be worn while working.
• To comply with all safety regulations and company
policies as outlined in the Employee s handbook.
• To assist customer whenever possible/
• To attend meetings when scheduled.
• Become totally familiar with how to read a Banquet
Event Order (BEO) and how to set a room from that order.
• To perform all other reasonable as requested by the
• To ensure that all props after each function is
store back in the designated area and handles with great care.
• To ensure that all bar equipments, fixture and
furniture are handled with great care.
• To create a good working relationship with
co-workers and maintain a courteous attitude towards the management and all the
employees and guests of the hotel.
• To bring any problems that may occur or any special
requests by guests to their supervisor s attention as soon as possible.
• To provide the best possible proper service of
guests of this hotel at all times.
• To practice constantly the Clean as you go policy
to uphold the highest sanitation standards.