At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us.
We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Surf.
Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world. Have the opportunity to see the true impact that you’re having in the work you do - every small thing counts.
Main Job Purpose:
The Basic Line operator is responsible for the operation, of equipment, supporting lead operators in line operation, End of line operation and packing at end of line ,material handling ,material shifting to support the delivery of operational KPIs (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale, Innovation and Sustainability (PQSCDMIS)).
The basic operator should have capability to work in more than one area in factory in order to provide factory resilience. Supported by the core skills to work within an autonomous team the Basic Operator will diligently follow the established standards of production delivery and drive continuous improvement. Safety, quality and eco-efficiency are the hallmarks of the Basic Operator, which complement an enhanced ability to analyse, problem solve and support others.
The Basic Operator will have a basic understanding of key cost drivers in the Sourcing Unit and will grow this in line with her/his wider project management skills.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Technical -- He should have basic technical knowledge of machines. This allows production targets to be met safely, at the right level of quality and on time.
• Understand the basics principles of mechanism and motion and be able to support Technical operator in changeovers, basic repairs and adjustments (eg Cams, slides, bearings, belts and pulleys). Utilise appropriate lubrication regimes.
• Safety - Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures relating to the Sourcing Unit and allocated equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team. Understand the legal responsibility placed upon individuals.
• Work Place Hazards - Full knowledge of the workplace and hazards within it. Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the task. Ensure GHK of the concerned area to eliminate risk of creation of hazards
• Environment - Reduce environmental impacts and costs associated with utilities, chemicals and product and operational wastes through maximizing eco-efficient operation.
• Quality - Monitors quality against set standards and reports any product and packaging faults. Detects process abnormalities quickly and takes emergency action to prevent them.
• Continuous Improvement - Use performance measures to identify and prioritise losses in production area. Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses.
• Administration - Collaborate with colleagues to arrange shift and break cover, induct new employees and address performance shortfalls to ensure that team resources can meet operational requirements.
Key Comptencies & Skills:
Minimum 2 years Experience in working in Manufacturing Industry or WH , Preferably FMCG
• Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
• Strong Team player and communication skills.
• Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses, to meet increase in demands etc.
• Basic Computer Knowledge
• Basic Operator -ENTRY Technical Operators Level - Prove the necessary aptitude to enter the Technical Operator curriculum, demonstrating basic mechanical knowledge and ability to problem solve in a factory environment.
• Required to support report writing, data analysis, problem solving, mechanical calculations, leadership and coaching skills.
• Experience of manufacturing in a HPC, Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company.