1) Sets up and operates machine to bend metal structural shapes, such as bars, rods, angles, pipes, and tubes, to angle or contour specified by work order, drawings, templates, or layout: Selects and bolts holding clamp, die block, and guide clamp to the machine.
2) Positions and clamps end stops on the machine to set the specified location of the bend.
3) Inserts or screws plug stops into guide wheel to set the specified degree of bend.
4) Positions workpiece against the end stop.
5) Locks holding clamp and guide clamp onto the workpiece.
6) Lubricates workpiece with oil.
7) Starts turntable that draws workpiece through guide clamp around die block until stopped by plug stops or until dial indicator points to a specified degree of bend.
8) May slide mandrel into tubing instead of using the guide clamp.
9) May preheat workpiece, using a hand torch or heating furnace.
10) May use a hand-powered bending machine for short runs.
11) May fill tubes or pipe with sand, resin, or lead to prevent wrinkling or collapsing during bending operation.
12) May heat tube, using the torch, and manually bend tube or pipe around forming blocks.
13) May flare tube ends, using tube flare and cut or trim metal stock to length, using power shears or saws.