Job Description Job Description: (Big data engineer/Data Scientist)
What the Successful resource will bring/do:
The Big Data Scientist/Big Data Architect needs to be able to program, preferably in different programming languages such as Python, R, Java, Ruby, Pig, SQL expert. They need to have an understanding of Hadoop 2.X, Spark, Hive and Map-Reduce. In addition the need to be familiar with disciplines such as:
• Map Reduce solutions (Hadoop, HDFS, Yarn, Mahout, Pig, Hive, Spark), Architecture frameworks, Databases and Data caching solutions, ETL Solutions, Networking Technologies, Storage design, architecture and management
• Natural Language Processing: the interactions between computers and humans
• Machine learning: using computers to improve as well as develop algorithms
• Conceptual modelling: Ability to share and articulate data modelling.
• Experienced on the commercial side, and decidedly “hands-on