The Deputy BIM Manager is to assist the BIM Manager in the planning and execution of the assigned BIM projects.
He/She is in charge of the drafting production, distribution of work as well as the QA/QC processes.
He/she supervises and may lead technical resources within one or multiple disciplines (structural, architecture, MEP) for the duration of a project and ensures BIM standards comply with the contract terms. He/she coordinates and ensures the exchanges and relations between various specialties. The BIM manager ensures the implementation of tools that would allow the teams to work with the numerical mockup (environments, plugins, libraries, families ) with the objective of ensuring production homogeneity.
• Manages early stage project implementation (central file, welcome screen, ghost file etc)
• Prepares the project handbook before the start of the project, to distribute to various stakeholders
• Needs to be able to manage both new and rehabilitation projects
• Own the planning, execution and delivery of assigned BIM projects
• Lead a sub-team of technical resources to execute and deliver BIM projects
• Assist project teams with preconstruction services, BIM procedures and techniques to ensure timely modeling and shop drawings approval.
• Identify and implement best practices and standards to optimize BIM project delivery.
• Communicate with the HOD requirements for new software tools to optimize workflows and increase projects profitability.
• Provide leadership and direction to assigned project resources (BIM Engineers/Architects/ Junior BIM Engineers/Architects
• Plan and coordinate project setup, resources allocation, project milestones and budgets with the Project Manager prior to the start of a new project.
• Coordinate resources allocation and monitor the BIM modeling process throughout the project lifecycle to meet time, resources and profitability objectives
• Perform corrective actions to meet project deadlines and profitability objectives.
• Develop project specific BIM standards and QA/QC.
• Master Degree in Architecture (equivalent to DPLG in France), or Engineer or Technician confirmed in Building project studies
• 5 years BIM project experience-Project Architect/Engineer
• Extensive experience and perfect knowledge of processes related to virtual construction and documentation
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of common construction terminology and nomenclature as well as various building types and systems
• Advanced level of knowledge and understanding of construction methods, processes, and systems
• Ability to read and understand plans, specifications, and BIM modeling
• Able to demonstrate an advanced working knowledge and experience with the following software applications as well as typically used terminology, standards, and practices Autodesk,Revit, Navisworks, BIM Link, Autocad, TEKLA, other BIM tools, Microstation, Excel, MS Project and MS Word etc.
• Knowledge of BIM workflows as well as of the needs of various construction teams (architects, civil engineers, entrepreneurs, contracting authority clients etc)
• Demonstrate effective written and verbal English language communication skills
• Ability to use judgment, problem-solving ability, self-starting and ability to prioritize based on relevant factors
• Ability to manage, plan, prioritize and implement detailed instructions for employees as well as the ability to motivate his/her staff
• flexibility, interpersonal and customer service skills are essential
• Knowledge of the local authority standards, regulations and requirements
• Good communication skills, fluent in English language. Fluency in French is an added advantage.