The Brand Protection Manager Johnson & Johnson Group, with direct responsibility over the Middle East, Africa and Pakistan (MEAP) region, assesses, develops and implements processes, programs/policies and technologies to help protect and authenticate products marketed by the Johnson & Johnson Group of Companies, cover all JNJ Segments, including MD, Pharm and Consumer. This function, which spans MEAP markets, is primarily focused on supply chain integrity thereby dedicated to measures that help ensure genuine products reach Johnson and Johnson Group, patients, customers and consumers, through authorized channels. This individual leads and supports cross-functional brand protection strategies which are required to comply with local, national and international anti-counterfeiting laws and regulations pertaining to regulated healthcare products. The role requires setting up and overseeing country-based Incident Response teams to ensure close coordination of activities among all stakeholders and supporting disciplines. The Brand Protection Manager is accountable for the proposal, development, implementation, management, and measurement of effective of product protection strategies including the adoption of supply chain safe and secure best practice and application of product and package technologies, across Johnson and Johnson Group of Companies operating in the MEAP Region.
The Manager will operate in connection with the Johnson & Johnson Enterprise Brand Protection Group and Brand Protection counterparts in other Segments and Regions of Johnson & Johnson to develop, leverage and implement strategic objectives in the following areas: Awareness and Training: Ensure functional knowledge of the risks and mitigating measures is communicated broadly internally to appropriate associates and externally to trading partners and customers. Such awareness and communication programs will be deployed across multiple supporting departments such as Quality, distribution, supply chain, contracting, trade relations, legal, government affairs, security, and regulatory, as well as facilitate effective information sharing and coordination among Johnson and Johnson sectors.
Supply Chain Integrity: Primary responsibility is to implement the Johnson & Johnson endorsed set of Safe & Secure Supply Chain Best Practices. Also, assess vulnerabilities within the global supply chain and identify solutions to mitigate risks. Technology Application : Utilize his/her knowledge of overt, covert and forensic technologies, including track & trace and information technology systems to recommend appropriate application of such technologies for new and existing products to mitigate the risks of illegal diversion and counterfeiting in the marketplace. Market Monitoring and Incident Management : As incidents of suspected counterfeit are reported and captured in the QA data base, the Manager, Brand Protection will first escalate known details of the incident according to the prescribed protocols and work expeditiously with internal resources and support Global Security with the external investigative agencies to authenticate the product/package and take appropriate action. Record financial impact of illicit trade by country as well as the projected revenue recovered from counter-measures. Influencing Policy : The Manager will be required to interface with the local business and law enforcement agencies in the MEAP region to enhance efforts to prevent or intercept illicit trade.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and implement training and awareness programs to facilitate timely and consistent reporting of counterfeit and product diversion issues to a central location.
• Implement Safe & Secure Supply Chain Practices. Assess vulnerabilities to illicit trade of existing and new products and recommend risk mitigating measures based upon product & package characteristics and supply chain and geographical pathways
• Work with internal trade relations and industry partners to influence the elimination of illicit trade. Assist in the design of information management tools and IT interfaces to monitor supply chain safeguards.
• Support Global Security in their collaboration with external enforcement groups to investigate incidents of suspected counterfeit and track/report trends. Record value recovery results on Regional Value Creation Scorecard.
• Active collaboration with the Johnson & Johnson Global Brand Protection Group across Regions, Sectors and the Technology team.
• Project management of technologies and systems designed to secure the supply chain across all sectors
• Market Monitoring and Incident Management support investigations on reported incidents, develop market surveys across MEAP, assess illicit trade risk of existing and new markets. Establish ongoing monitoring systems for the internet, auction sites and on-line trade boards.
• Supply Chain Integrity - Product vulnerability assessment and implementation of risk mitigating measures
• Awareness and Training design, implement, and communicate program and process for reporting incidents globally.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop projects and processes for brand protection & supply chain integrity.
• A minimum of a Bachelor s degree is required.
• A minimum of 6-years relevant technical and business experience required.
• Experience required in quality assurance, project management or operations with relevant experience preferred in some of the following disciplines: regulatory affairs, channel management, contract management, information technology, packaging, procurement, security, auditing/compliance and trade relations.
• Experience interacting with Government Officials is required.
• Healthcare industry experience is preferred. Prior experience with diversion and counterfeit incidents and controls is preferred.
• Experience designing and implementing technical solutions to business problems is preferred.
• Supply agreement and contracting process experience is preferred.
• Must be able to understand, respect and work within the cultural diversity of the global environment.
• Relationship building, vendor negotiation and project management experience is required.
• Superior communication skills, written and oral, is required.
• Adept understanding of key relevant business processes such as financial systems, regulatory requirements and supply chain strategies is preferred.
• Knowledge of how the secondary market (gray market) functions is preferred.
• Languages required include English and Arabic.
United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Dubai-
Johnson & Johnson Middle East Inc (8605)