Careem is the internet platform for the greater Middle East region. A pioneer of the region's ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to become the region's everyday Super App. Careem's mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in over 100 cities across 13 countries and has created more than one million employment opportunities in the region. Careem became a wholly owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020. www.careem.com
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The purpose of the Senior Marketing Executive- CVM role is to support Marketing teams in making data universally accessible and drive business decisions based on thorough analysis. You will be accountable for providing strategic insights and solutions to decision-makers based on data analytics. This role will work closely together with the Marketing Analytics and Customer Insights Team Lead, Country Marketing Managers, Customer Growth and Digital Marketing Teams providing insights and solutions to various business issues with the help of SQL querying.
Your curious aptitude will lead you to interesting datasets, but your creativity and initiative will help you find clarity with obscure information. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams while helping to build the best Attribution modelling techniques available in the region. This position will bring insights and change how we approach complex problems with analytics.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of weekly reports, while running the necessary QA on the output and retaining accountability for the reported figures
• Own, develop and automate the measurement of all regional and local marketing campaigns across Offline and Branding
• Carry out holistic analyses and generate insights to help marketing managers optimize marketing activities across Careem and its network
• Develop post campaign analysis of integrated marketing campaigns and provide recommendations on future budget allocation to increase conversion and engagement
• Work with teams across all functions (Marketing, Customers, Captains, Product etc) to provide data expertise, and training to Marketing channel Managers across the region
• Act as the first point of call for colleagues with business intelligence/data queries, liaising various teams and departments on a daily basis
• Produce and distribute reports and dashboards to relevant internal parties analyzing data and highlighting key areas of interest
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
Additional qualifications include:
• Strong analytical skills and passionate to work with large sets of data (experience with Google Big Query, Spark or Presto is highly preferred)
• Experience with Data/Event Analytics (Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager) and/or Data Illustration tools (i.e. Tableau or MS PowerBI)
• Ability to develop algorithms, create aggregation databases, build KPI reporting platforms (i.e. Tabular models in PowerPivot or MS Analysis Services)
• Must have good communication skills within a multi-cultural working environment
• Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
• Must be process orientated and a logical thinker with a good attention to detail
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot problems and work collaboratively within a team
• Experience working within technology industry / start-up environment is desirable
• Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.